What's under the Glass?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Lounge

Post subject: What's under the Glass?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:04 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Many people pick up a phone that is plastic and say it does not feel premium. So some manufactures use metal, but that interferes with wireless charging. Others use glass backs. My question is, what is under the glass? Is it plastic or some other material. We can be pretty confident it is not metal.

I am wondering if it really makes sense to put glass on the back of a phone, so it "feels premium", if it actually in no way contributes to making it premium. I have a glass backed phone, metal backed phone and a plastic phone. When I hold them, they all feel the same, because I put a case on it. In actuality, I did not always use a case on the plastic one. It is the glass that always has me worried.

Am I missing something does glass actually improve quality, or is it there simply for tactile reasons.