Motivating Quotes

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:05 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."

-Chuck Palahniuk in "Fight Club"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:05 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become.”- Guatama Buddha

If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.”
- Lawrence J. Peter

Don't hate the player, hate the game

Never give up, you are 3 feet from gold.

Pm me if you want to sarge in NYC.

Post subject: not gonna check
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:15 pm 
Dedicated Member

I am not going to read through and make sure this isn't already on here but...

Brad Pitt as Achilles in Troy

"There are no treaties between Lions and men!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:23 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

He who has less than he desires should know that he's got more than he deserves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:18 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
— Dr. Seuss

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
— Maya Angelou

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
— Mark Twain

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
— C.S. Lewis

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
— Oscar Wilde

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
— Maya Angelou

"Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car."
— Garrison Keillor

"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet."
— Bob Marley

"The good times of today are the sad thoughts of tomorrow."
— Bob Marley

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
— Barney Stinson

"In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."
— Barney Stinson

"In the end
these things matter most:
How well did you love?
How fully did you live?
How deeply did you let go?"
— Siddhārtha Gautama

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most."
— Siddhārtha Gautama

"You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
— Siddhārtha Gautama

"You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there."
— Bob Marley

"Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life."
— Bob Marley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:27 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

"Nothing in this life that is worth having comes easy" ~Scrubs

Post subject: Amazing quote!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:44 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

"Do something that you are passionate about and not just something that you know is the right thing to do." - Bryan Zuniga

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:03 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Only asshole always repeats same things, and expects other results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:26 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

"This is your life, all your gonna have at the end of the day is a little memory film strip. Do you want it to suck…fuck no..make it JJ Abrams film filled with tits, explosions, crazy stories and moments of greatness. Fuck social rules.Fuck that little pussy voice in the back of your head that says no to you.Fuck letting awesome oppurtunities go by. This is your life, and the only person who decides what you get out of it is….YOU"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:48 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

“To avoid criticism,
do nothing,
say nothing,
and be nothing.”

– Elbert Hubbard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:52 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

"That women’s behavior can be so analyzed means that women’s actions can be predicted, and subsequently men with this knowledge can tailor their behavior to get the most out of their interactions with women. Knowledge is a powerful thing, and knowing what’s up does, in fact, shift the balance of sexual power in men’s direction by removing the inscrutability and whimsy that has been the prerogative of women since time immemorial. Game means that it is no longer simply a matter of dumb luck when men get sex and love. Game can increase the amount of love in the world by giving women more of what they desire in men." -Roissy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:42 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
Audrey Hepburn

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Oscar Wilde

Life is a moment so make it always burn with the hardest flame
From "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:17 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

just found this great one;

'Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.'
Mark Twain

So be well dressed and groomed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

"Life is what you make it"
"every failure is a new lesson"

The Man in the Arena

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " -Theodore Roosevelt

some points: doing, determination, value, goals

Posted before, just saying some of my points

"If you always do what you've always done, you will get what you've always gotten."

expanding comfort zones, going for new adventures/experiences, "just do it"

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle.

naturals. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

"Follow your heart, Walk without fear, Live with no regret." -Me :)

"If you're afraid to fall, you fall because you're afraid. Everything is choice" -Daniel Ilabaca

"Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today" -James Dean

"Life is too short to wake up in the mornings with regrets. So love the ones who treat you right, forget the ones who don’t. Remember that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance take it, if it changes your life, then let it. No one said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it." -Harvey Mackay