Pride, Self Pity, Depression and the loss of Confidence!

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:21 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I'd love to work on my outer game issues because it all sounds so fun, but it's so true we have no outer game unless we have good inner game.

This is my personal biggest issue.

I have high pride, but the reality doesn't seem to reflect my own self image, which brings on self pity and depression, a depression on which I've been fighting the shit out of.

Believing in yourself gives you pride, and it's my only source of pride because I've failed at almost everything I tried. So ultimately, doubt always sets in, because reality seems to kick my ass! (or maybe I'm letting it).

I lose my mind when in doubt, I can't handle myself, let alone others handling me.

They say I should lose the pride and be humble, but it's not easy to do, knowing that "believing in yourself and working hard" is the main message most all pickup artists preach.

I do believe with hard work, pride can lead to confidence. But I'm stuck without real confidence, because I have no evidence to back up why I should be confident.

So, ya, the depression can be tough!

Last edited by Sean E. Sexton on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:05 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

To be honest, I would not even know how to accept humility, I'd need to learn because it sounds really challenging to me, because it seems to me to go against everything PUA stands for, that's "believing in yourself", which in other words is pride.

Humility is accepting your limitations, accepting when it all boils down, it might be better to just quit, there are some things you cannot do, and you get your self esteem through that, through true self acceptance.

And if we all truely accepted ourselves as we are, we wouldn't be here trying to improve our game because we would not desire it, would we?

Remember, some people are humble, and they don't want to strive for seduction, and they are very self confident in who they are, I totally admire that. But I'm talking about the people who do want to be more attractive, and that need comes from the same pride that will not let us be as confident as we'd like to be in this game. It's sad.

But, that's why inner game is important. :)

Soooo... I'm still confused, but I'll click on your link right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:21 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

haha, I have.

I have decided recently to check out cognitive distortions of depression (it's been years since I last read about it).

It seems pride and needs for dominance will keep depression going.

Like you said, these mind sets could be creating the problem.

So, how do I be "humble" without feeling like a quitter? Standing down to people who are more deserving and righteous is hard without feeling some sense of grief.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:15 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

- Note -

I will be addressing most of my troubles where I need help here in this topic, the rest of the forum I am posting for discussion and entertainment value.

But this thread is important to me because this is my personal weak spot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:51 am 
New to MPUA Forum

It often feels bittersweet — mostly happy and comforting, but with a tinge of sadness that whatever we're remembering is lost in some way.
I stumbled upon a video about depression, mainly this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJldCeyUKx8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:56 am 
New to MPUA Forum

It often feels bittersweet — mostly happy and comforting, but with a tinge of sadness that whatever we're remembering is lost in some way.
I stumbled upon a video about depression, mainly this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJldCeyUKx8