How to tell when you really know the game.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:14 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

AOL: BlackBull626
=WARNING:Another Long post,but I strongly urge you to read.It is a theory on how PUA education should progress.(I'm studying Business Management and Marketing for college,and human social dynamics are key to business,so from what I learn on the subject,I will share with you guys,as it is beneficial to Pick up as well).=

This is not an opinion(I try my best to keep my opinion out of posts),but rather,a proven method to check whether one really feels the spirit behind gaming and pick up.

I'm sure everyone has heard of "You can talk the talk,but can you walk the walk?"

Some people out in the world like to pretend that they know everything about a certain subject,yet,when it comes time to apply the knowledge and skills related to the subject,people back out.

In pick up,usually,a potential PUA may have studied everything about gaming,from Cocky-Funny,to openers,to DHVs,Storytelling,Kino,Cat-String,the whole works...

unfortunately,most of the time,when the situation calls for it,people fail to act,and revert back to AFC attitude.

Once failure is reached,many potential PUAs will revert into the evil "Spiral of destruction"(Constant feelings of depression,anger,and confusion that persists until sucess is gained again).

Unfortunately,there are few ways to cure that,one of the most effective being to just go back out and keep persistent until you score.

Another unfortunate fact is that most people arent willing to do that,either because of fear,laziness,or most likely,having no knowledge of sucess.

Shortly after my senior prom(Which I didn't go to,thanks to wonderful High School rep as the creepo back in my AFC days),I had realize something about learning things,and something my Tae Kwon Do instructor back in 8th grade had told my class one time:

There are 4 steps to go through before you can say that you understand and feel something,whether it be Tae Kwon Do itself,or anything in life.Those 4 Steps are:

:arrow: Knowledge-Essence-Action-Mastery

1)Knowledge-To master something,you must first become aware of it.Study,observe,and form your personal conclusions on you're observations.In Pick up,that means learn from the books and advice,see it work in action,and then,in you're heart,choose what works best for you.Once you know you're material(Which a majority of potential PUAs do),you must then identify with it:

2)Essence-Knowledge is useless unless,deep inside,you agree with the knowledge.An example of this is religion.Both Jesus Christ and Siddhartha Gautama were both considered to be founders of a religion(Catholicism and Buddhisim respectively),yet Buddhists belive Buddah is the one true God,and Christians believe that Jesus,although being the Son of God,is considered to be the central figure of worship.In Pick-Up,a PUA has the CHOICE to acknowledge whether the techniques work or not.Even though,according to human nature,they do work,many will disagree.Point is,if you do not truly believe that the knowledge you gathered is correct,then find something you believe is correct.

To further clarify,because there is no right or wrong religion(even atheism,which,ironically,is a belief in itself),there is no right or wrong technique.Whatever resonates with you,use it.

NOW,this is where most people,including myself,fail.I have been working on the "action" aspect for a while,but this is,not only the toughest phase of the mastery process,but also the measure used to separate true PUAs from aspiring ones:

3)Action:Knowing and feeling is still,not enough.After getting both those fundamentals down,you must ACT on them.This is where most choke,and this is where actual progress is made.A student of martial arts can memorize all the moves and develop the discipline to go with those moves,but without practice,action,and consistent work,the fundamentals built will be placed into doubt,and then the questioning of "Does it really work?" comes in.Everything works,to an extent.BUT,without action,everything FAILS.You might know about inner game and confidence,but without acting on it.It will NOT WORK.You might be able to throw a mean sidearm in football,or have quick knee slide ability in wrestling,but without working and acting on those,IT WILL NOT WORK.

Without action,even if you KNOW what you're doing,NOTHING WILL WORK.

Again,

NO ACTION,NO WORK.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take.It's,unfortunately,the way the world works.

Before I conclude:

4)Mastery:By knowing,feeling,and acting,you will GAIN.

Mastery means:Sex with many beautiful HB8-10s,Respect from peers,life of adventure and wonder,Happiness,and a sense of accomplishment in life.

In short:PUA progression is like a car setup

:arrow: You-Car
:arrow: Knowing and Feeling-The Engine(How else is the car going to move?)
:arrow: Acting-The Key(How else are you going to start the engine?)
:arrow: Mastery-Realizing the car you're driving's a Bugatti Veyron,with a HB10 in the driver's seat,heading to a club you're a VIP in.

I,and most likely many of you,wish that the game could be as easy as "Hey.What's up.Blah Blah Blah.Let's get out of here".

Unfortunately,like most of life's wonderful processes,that's not how it works.

This is my attempt to clear the issue of "Why doesn't pick-up work?"

And to those who read,please,do share you're opinion,or add a bit more if you'd like.This is just the general overview,and I'm sure the rest of you know something I might not know.

Thank you for reading.Happy hunting!