The PUA Mindset

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

Post subject: The PUA Mindset
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:53 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I just had a pretty big realization that made me pretty much complete the general formula of what a PUA's unconcious philosophy is around women and dating. Your logical state and your emotional state are complete opposites and they repel each other. It doesn't work when you try to use both of these states together at the same time, but both of these states are your assets and both are needed for success.

When I talk about the logical state I am referring to your inner game. This is your ego, this is the voice inside your head that constantly talks to you throughout your life.

The emotional state is the state where you are completely in the moment. You and not thinking about anything else but right now. An example is when you are watching a great movie or riding a roller coaster.

These two states cannot coexist together because they interfer with each other. It is common sense that you participate in a crappy conversation with someone when your mind is elsewhere. The same goes for approachign women. On the approach your state or mindset should be all emotional, but right before the approach, you are in the logical state. You are trying to spot a girl to talk to. When you set your eyes on her you get into the nervous mode because you know you are going to go talk to her. You fight past the urge to change your mind by following the 3 second rule and you go for it. At this point it is completely crucial to block your mind of all other logical thinking and change right into the emotional mindset. If you remain in your logical state the interaction will not go well because the woman will notice you are not natural and not 'all there'.

All women are attracted to men. People are attracted to good/positive emotions/moods of other people. People are also naturally social. A PUA knows this. This is how his experience taught him to develope his emotional mindset. A PUA isn't nervous because nervousness is a device of the logical state through over analysis. A PUA is also calm and collected because he is completely in the moment and he again doesn't look to his logical mind to come up with reasons he should not be calm. A PUA is always positive. This is how he has become a PUA.

Being a PUA is all about social interaction. The more you socialize the more practice you get at it. Just like practicing guitar or lifting weights, your body adjusts and gets better. Through improvement you gain more positive interactions which give you a great emotional feeling of happiness. This powerful emotion becomes addictive. Have you ever noticed that social people are seldom being bored at their house alone? This is becasue they crave the happy feeling they get through socializing and this is why they are always out talking with people.

Naturals figure out a lot of what the pick-up community knows through their own experience. Show a natural all the information the pick-up community has to offer and he will scoff at how most of it is common sense. However, a natural has taken the hard way to get good. We as training PUAs are a step up over naturals because we can also use our logical mind to help us speed up our success with the game. We also have access to invaluable tools that save us years of having to have to figure it out ourselves. We can also logically analyse and know our mistakes and rework interactions in our minds so that we will begin to remember to be better at interacting when in the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:57 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Going in without expectations is a good way to block out approach anxiety and also with living in the moment. If you don't care how the pickup turns out, then you'll be yourself more around her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:19 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Being a PUA is all about social interaction. The more you socialize the more practice you get at it. Just like practicing guitar or lifting weights, your body adjusts and gets better. Through improvement you gain more positive interactions which give you a great emotional feeling of happiness.
Indeed, and I think you have to start working logically, deciding what to do logically, and then practice it so much (including getting the rejections that you'll get because of it being done logically rather than emotionally), that eventually it will become so much second nature that youll begin to be able to do it automatically while acting in the emotional state, and at that point you'll start getting much more success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:44 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

man bouncer.ur post just gave me a realization.exactly that kind of post improves the so-called "we feeling" inside the community and that is a big aspect of why it is so unique. props man!good work![/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:38 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

i like this. :roll:

good post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:29 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I feel I have to point this out...

Not ALL women are attracted to men. There are the few oddballs that wear denim, shave their heads and listen to Sinead O'Connor. Of course, saying that, there are those that are attracted to both. That's what I like to call "Double your pleasure!"

lol, happy hunting!