Being masculine but wacky/funny as well?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:52 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Hi guys, I've been introspective lately and I believe I really need to work on my masculinity and be more direct with what I want.

But I have no problem with confidence or being extroverted. I often find myself the centre of attention telling a funny joke or story and getting a lot of laughs from people.

However, I am becoming aware that sometimes in certain situations, I may be coming off as too immature. Which is impeding my general social proof and overall perception people have of me.

I'm pretty jealous of those badass guys that just command respect while still being friendly, or even fairly nerdy guys that are extremely masculine and stand tall and speak very well and have witty humour.

But I actually don't have a point of reference or a muse, for what I think I want to be. I need more masculinity, but at the same time I will never not be this out going funny joking person that I am, it is a good skill and part of the success that I already do have with women.

I've actually had Jack Sparrow as my profile picture for quite a while, because I think he's the closest that I can imagine of this masculine yet offbeat personality, but he's too good to be true, he's a fantasy character and not very realistic to aim for.

Does anyone have any idea of what this masculine yet funny combination might look like?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:02 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I do have to say that masculinity starts with RESPONSIBILITY. The more responsibility you carry in life, the more
masculine you'll probably feel.

I remember when I started my business and had to pay my rent from it, the focus and clarity I got from
having to put food on the table was amazing. After I did that whole journey I was a different man, much
more masculine than the average chump on the street.

So if you're funny and witty, those qualities will stay with you even after you take the masculine path.

The best way to get there is to ask yourself, "How can I attack life more? What can I do that scares me?"

Maybe you live with your parents and it's time to move out.

Maybe you're in a dead beat job and it's time to move on.

Maybe you want to say fuck it and move to another city or a country.

A man lives at the edge of his comfort zone, not inside of it.

I would definitely recommend you check out the book, The way of the superior man, by David Deida.

You can try it here Here: New AA Cure