Work Problems

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

Post subject: Work Problems
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:01 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

At work we recently discovered that we were not being treated equally. Nobody on my team did anything about it apart from talk about it and say they were going to do x.

3 months later still nothing happened, so I wrote a letter about the issue and sent it to the CEO of the company. The letter landed on his desk and he looked into the matter and sent a very detailed response back giving us the answers that we were seeking.

anyway, 9 months on another guy writes a letter wanting everyone to sign it, his letter shied away from the problem and came across as though a 5 year old girl wrote it. I explained that I already got the answer he was seeking and sent him the letters between the CEO and myself.

He then made statements like:
It's no wonder that we still haven't got anywhere your grammar was appalling
Your spelling is terrible
It was a bad letter
Should have done it this way
bitching all this to other members of the team

I really put my head on the line here by contacting the CEO as nobody else did anything about the matter in hand. All the bitching from other members of the team seems really petty as I was doing them a favor. A lot of others were very in ore as nobody else went out of their way to bring up this. It seems as though he is jealous of my letter.

Anyway, this guy sometimes asks me for a lift home from work. I am wondering, as he is an ungrateful c*** should I brush it off and keep giving him lifts, or say I am not going his way today, or tell him straight that me doing him favors isn't worth my time any more?

And when I am at work, should I bring it up and tell anyone that bitches straight that they are scared and lazy, or just laugh and not say anything?

Post subject: Re: Work Problems
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:29 pm 
King Among Mortals

So. You are afraid to stand up for yourself. Grow a pair. Confront situations like this head on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:10 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I did. I really laid into him. However it's a different shud that I go onto a few times a month.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:32 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Do i stand tall though and just brush it off, or should i just say, no done you enough favours, you can get the bus?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:13 am 
PUA Forum Leader

One of the things you gotta develop as a man is strong personal boundaries. And personal boundaries
basically mean that you know how to say NO, and sometimes put people and situations in the right
place.

So if you sent that letter, and got a response, and your team responded the way it did - you don't come
on the forum to bitch about it.

But you step into your office and you say, "You know guys, I have something on my chest I want to get
off. I sent that letter because none of you were willing to put your neck out there, but I knew something
had to be done. I don't expect anything from you, but I would appreciate if you don't comment about it.
If you feel you could have done a better job, my question is why didn't you? I appreciate you all. "

And to him, say this: "Hey man, you know I was giving you free lifts so far, but if you'd like me to
give you a ride again, my car doesn't run on water. So you are welcome to chip in. I will understand
if you'd rather take the bus."

Or simply say "No, I can't take you today." Without really explaining it.

If you don't stand up for yourself, you'll be fucked your entire life. Draw the line somewhere.

My point is confront + EXPRESS yourself. Say what's on your soul, but let it come from the purest part of
you, not the butthurt ego. You'll win every time.

You can try it here Here: New AA Cure