Tomorrow You Are Dead - Don't You Get It??

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:43 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Good morning from Dubai everyone!

Breathe in that beautiful air… Fill your lungs, sit upright and just relax… Everything is perfect.

I’ve changed my meditation about a month ago, and I’ve been asked about it a few times so I decided to share something very private today, so be sure to pay attention.

Tomorrow, I am dead
Here’s the jist of it; Every morning, I sit and meditate on death.

I remind myself that I do not have tomorrow – tomorrow I am dead.

This isn’t a type of ‘yolo’ who cares meditation.

What I’m talking about is to really sit down and really immerse yourself in the idea that life is by its very nature, transient, and that we don’t necessarily have this ‘tomorrow’ most of us cling to.

How many times have you put off changing your life? How often do you go “ouh I’d love to try that… But later”?

You’ve spent your life deluding yourself into thinking that there even is such a thing as tomorrow, and for years you’ve been hiding behind it. When will enough be enough?

A Samurai of Relationship
I’ve always been fascinated by the Samurai, but lately I’ve developed a newfound respect for their culture and ways.

You see, the reason why the Samurai – who were the warrior monks of their time – were known for their meticulousness was because of the constant reminder that death was just around the corner.

The complete devotion to perfect cleanliness was so to ensure that when death came, all their affairs were in order. The intricate and beautiful tea ceremonies were conducted with complete awareness and complete peace because this may very well be the last time they ever drink tea.

Let that sink in for a second.

I mean really get into it…

How would you go through your next workout knowing it was your absolute last one? How would you treat the people around you if you had but this moment to let them know how you feel about them? How would you love your woman? How would you act in public life? Would you dial yourself down or express yourself freely? How would you prepare your last meal?

Once you get into that headspace, something becomes abundantly clear to you: This ‘tomorrow’ you keep talking about doesn’t actually exist.

I Will Act Now
“Death twitches my ear. ‘Live’ he says ‘for I am coming’” – Virgil

Everything you experience happens in real time. In other words; there is only now. Even 40 years from now, whatever you experience will be experienced as now.

Most of you who keep wanting to change, who keep talking about how they want to live a great life, keep operating under the illusion that there is such a thing as tomorrow – and so you never end up changing shit.

You want real change? It starts now. Not tomorrow, not later, not even in 5 minutes. Now and nowhere else.

Wanna still cling to negativity? Cool man, but don’t expect change. Wanna live an amazing life with the woman of your dreams? Yeah, keep walking away from challenging situations thinking someday you’ll know how to handle it. Don’t go out tonight and be social, you’re busy tonight man, you’ve got a big day tomorrow. It’s okay – your social life will handle itself, tomorrow, right?

The bottom line is this: The way your life is today, so too will be your future. It all begins today, so sit in it, remove the illusion of time from your life and get cracking.

I don’t get tomorrow. I’m dead tomorrow. I’m going to live fully now. I’m going to create something magnificent now.
Your fan,

Pat Ananda

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:42 am 
PUA Forum Leader

^ A really good post.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:35 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Thanks for the reminder.