Insecurity/inferiority. Dating women, not girls.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:45 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey Guys,

A few months after turning 18, I attended a theatre play of a person I didn't know rather well. I was rather reluctant to go, but thankfully I did, and that led me to one of my best experiences thus far.

On the day of the event as I was sitting on a train a thought popped up "I want to step out of my comfort zone, it's been a while..." and so, luckily a cute girl sat right next to me, just before leaving the train, I managed to get her contact details. As the day progressed I got 3 more numbers until finally, the one that mattered entered my hands.

She was a friend of the person who's performance I'd attended, now before scoring her digits, I had no idea that in fact she was 25. A woman, not the type of 'girl' I'm used to dating and or otherwise playing around with. In spite of the age difference it was magical and it was then I realized I'm far more attracted by women than I ever was by girls my age, a whole new playing field opened up. I started to see women as something other than an unattainable item, it was now within my reach. Or so I thought...

In a few words - It didn't work out, but it was damn good whilst it lasted. The best. This however is not why I'm writing here, asking you for advice, so allow me to get straight to the point.

Just a little over a week I started working in a new place and my colleagues, the women to be exact are stunning, and coincidentally all Spanish. (I'm on my way to becoming fluent! I've got plenty of motivation).

What I'd like to know from you is how can I get over my insecurity and a feeling of inferiority whenever I approach a potential mate, that's older than myself. (a significant gap, e.g. 5 years and more). If you could advise me on this, It'd be more than enough. The inner game. How do I beat myself, rather how can I accept and in term prove to myself that I am more than enough.

When it regards girls of my own age/status, I'm a charming devil, I used to be very arrogant and vain, but in a cocky manner which drove girls crazy, as I grew I got rid of the arrogance and vanity, in doing so I lost a lot of my confidence as well as a part of myself. In time however I managed to fill the void, although I'm still working on being truly and genuinely myself / confident not arrogant or vain. The cocky element I kept as it makes people around me smile, boys and girls alike.

So guys, what do you think? How can I show myself that I'm enough for her, whoever she may be. Even if she has more than I do and is more experience in one way or another?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:32 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

It only matters if you think it matters. Train yourself to quit thinking that it matters.

If your actions and demeanor are that of a grown man and not of an immature teenager, and if the age difference really doesn't matter to you, she probably won't think much of it.

25-year-olds can be stunning no doubt, but to me they seem like girls not women. :lol: