What I learned from a movie....

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:49 pm 
English Muffin

Ground hog Day.

It's not starring the alpha male actor's like...'Brad Pitt' like 'Troy' or 'Fight club', movies like this are great to emulate the body language and how they carry themselves etc

But the movie that inspired me to make this thread is called 'Ground hog day' is in my opinion much better than these alpha type of movies, let me explain why...

I always enjoyed this classic movie but it was only till I discovered this self help journey that this movie became a great example compare yourself to.

Everybody should have seen this movie by now so i don’t care too much about sharing what happens at the end and what not.

Phil is a weatherman that is sarcastic and pessimistic type of guy, doesn’t see the good in anything. He get’s stuck in the same day which happens to be groundhog day and contained by a blizzard. He is considered a douchey by anybody that knows him.

He then panics about the same day repeating himself till he starts to take advantage of it. Like asking girl’s personal information about themselves and then 'organically' approaching them the ‘next day’ pretending to know all this info about these girls to seduce them. I guess he is looking for short cuts, sound familiar? He then has a beautiful moment with a girl he works with ‘Rita’ on his 1st date with her but he get’s LMR and she says: ’Not tonight’ (Sound familiar?).

He learned from his mistake(s) but the ’Next day’ he finds it really hard to get her into his apartment next time which is strange because he got her in bed on his 1st night with her. He realises that authenticity goes out the window and things just feel forced and repels her. He tries again and again and it gradually get’s harder and harder to progress. He then gives up after a few good slaps, he lost that organic authenticity moment with her

He get’s depressed with routine life and even becomes suicidal. But still wakes up the next day and things are on repeat and repeat till he knows every little detail about this town. He then has a revelation and decide to improve himself instead. He learns how to play the piano, sculpture ice and add value to every person he comes across. Till he get’s to the point where he is happy making other people happy which makes him fulfilled with his own life.

Rita notices all this but he is doing it from a mindset of doing it for himself, not for her. He effortlessly impress’s Rita and she ends up sleeping in the same bed with him. He then chooses that he doesn’t need the validation even though he knows he could’ve boinked her despite knowing that the next day will reset. That is when he truly becomes happy. Thus the ground hog day finally comes to an end.

Fantastic movie.

My point is, too many people around here are looking for short cuts, magic lines and totally neglect the bigger picture. Becoming attractive will attract quality people. Everybody is happy all round. If you’re a value taker and Mr negative, things are just harder that way. If you’re constantly improving yourself and adding value then magical things will come across you. If you are the same person as you are last year, you really have failed. Work on your goals (not just women) and you will become happier and happier as a result.

Watch it on Netflix, watch on Amazon Prime, download it, read the book, Stream it for free on the interweb, buy it on DVD. Watch it with my post in mind.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Ground hog Day.

It's not starring the alpha male actor's like...'Brad Pitt' like 'Troy' or 'Fight club', movies like this are great to emulate the body language and how they carry themselves etc

But the movie that inspired me to make this thread is called 'Ground hog day' is in my opinion much better than these alpha type of movies, let me explain why...

I always enjoyed this classic movie but it was only till I discovered this self help journey that this movie became a great example compare yourself to.

Everybody should have seen this movie by now so i don’t care too much about sharing what happens at the end and what not.

Phil is a weatherman that is sarcastic and pessimistic type of guy, doesn’t see the good in anything. He get’s stuck in the same day which happens to be groundhog day and contained by a blizzard. He is considered a douchey by anybody that knows him.

He then panics about the same day repeating himself till he starts to take advantage of it. Like asking girl’s personal information about themselves and then 'organically' approaching them the ‘next day’ pretending to know all this info about these girls to seduce them. I guess he is looking for short cuts, sound familiar? He then has a beautiful moment with a girl he works with ‘Rita’ on his 1st date with her but he get’s LMR and she says: ’Not tonight’ (Sound familiar?).

He learned from his mistake(s) but the ’Next day’ he finds it really hard to get her into his apartment next time which is strange because he got her in bed on his 1st night with her. He realises that authenticity goes out the window and things just feel forced and repels her. He tries again and again and it gradually get’s harder and harder to progress. He then gives up after a few good slaps, he lost that organic authenticity moment with her

He get’s depressed with routine life and even becomes suicidal. But still wakes up the next day and things are on repeat and repeat till he knows every little detail about this town. He then has a revelation and decide to improve himself instead. He learns how to play the piano, sculpture ice and add value to every person he comes across. Till he get’s to the point where he is happy making other people happy which makes him fulfilled with his own life.

Rita notices all this but he is doing it from a mindset of doing it for himself, not for her. He effortlessly impress’s Rita and she ends up sleeping in the same bed with him. He then chooses that he doesn’t need the validation even though he knows he could’ve boinked her despite knowing that the next day will reset. That is when he truly becomes happy. Thus the ground hog day finally comes to an end.

Fantastic movie.

My point is, too many people around here are looking for short cuts, magic lines and totally neglect the bigger picture. Becoming attractive will attract quality people. Everybody is happy all round. If you’re a value taker and Mr negative, things are just harder that way. If you’re constantly improving yourself and adding value then magical things will come across you. If you are the same person as you are last year, you really have failed. Work on your goals (not just women) and you will become happier and happier as a result.

Watch it on Netflix, watch on Amazon Prime, download it, read the book, Stream it for free on the interweb, buy it on DVD. Watch it with my post in mind.

I never looked at it like that. I think I'll try to watch it again. Thanks!