Why Waiting is Bogus!

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

Post subject: Why Waiting is Bogus!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:07 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey guys,

This is not another bullshit Success “ra ra ra!” post. What I’m saying here is that we have been conditioned to wait. Ever hear phrases like “Good things come to those who wait?” and “Wait your turn!” in school by that irritating teacher of yours?

The thing is that waiting is absolutely useless. Life has nothing to do with waiting. Existence and the universe has nothing to do with waiting. Nothing in nature has to do with waiting. Everything has a cyclical nature in which action creates a result.

If you want to get good with women or life in general knock out that idea that you have to wait for things to “come your way”. The truth is you have to take action now. You have to fail first…forget about success. The idea of success and perfection only breeds stagnation. Having the thought that you don’t give a shit what the result is going to be and that you’re just going to take action in the present moment is what will bring about success. Taking action in the present moment without any attachment for a future outcome is where progress and growth takes place. Not in waiting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:10 am 
Dedicated Member

Good post. Definitely a good reminder to those who fall into the habit of not taking action.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:53 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Hey guys,

This is not another bullshit Success “ra ra ra!” post. What I’m saying here is that we have been conditioned to wait. Ever hear phrases like “Good things come to those who wait?” and “Wait your turn!” in school by that irritating teacher of yours?

The thing is that waiting is absolutely useless. Life has nothing to do with waiting. Existence and the universe has nothing to do with waiting. Nothing in nature has to do with waiting. Everything has a cyclical nature in which action creates a result.

If you want to get good with women or life in general knock out that idea that you have to wait for things to “come your way”. The truth is you have to take action now. You have to fail first…forget about success. The idea of success and perfection only breeds stagnation. Having the thought that you don’t give a shit what the result is going to be and that you’re just going to take action in the present moment is what will bring about success. Taking action in the present moment without any attachment for a future outcome is where progress and growth takes place. Not in waiting.
Well said

What you're describing is Karma Yoga.
Most people talk about freedom from outcome, but I've yet to meet anyone who truly has that freedom. Why? because freedom from outcome is akin to desirelessness, and that is DAMNED hard to achieve.

I will however disagree with one point you made. Sometimes, waiting IS the right answer. You see, life is one giant rollercoaster, but if ridden correctly, it moves progressively upward, always upward.

You go out, you meet a beautiful woman and you hit it off, but when you call her, no answer. You can either throw your phone out the window, be disappointed and angry, OR you can just understand that you are simply not ready yet - that there is more work to be put in. You can relish the challenge, because its opportunity for growth!

Always grow, and accept that in most cases, the only price you have to pay is time.

With love
Mack