Dry periods and plateaus, how do I cope?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:52 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi guys! Im a 29 year old guy from Oslo, Norway. Currently living polyamorously after being in the dating game the last two years. I see myself as preety decent in game. I had my sticking points and plateaus in the past and has overcomed a lot of my own insecurities.

For the first time in my life I feel like I can get results from time to time. I have a girlfriend whos a little older than me, and - until recently - two other girls on rotation. All the girls know about each other and have no problem with my current poly lifestyle.

However. As a polyamouros guy, the seach for new chicks doesnt stop even if youre hanging out and having fun with different girls. Therefore Ive been always searching for new prospects whenever I go out. I flirt a lot and meet women on a regular basis.

Until recently...

For one reason or another, I feel like Im losing the power and confidence that until last month made me the guy I always wanted to be. The two girls I had on rotation are not so interested in meeting me anymore. And the new prospects have suddently becomed cold.

I mean; I know how to flirt and build some attraction, and I am not hesitant to ask girls for numbers and FB. I am also aware of the fundamentals of texting and arranging dates. But for one reason or another, all the girls I tried has flaked on me or hasnt the time to hang out.

Some girls even stopped responding my messages after trying to arrange meetings. This makes me feel less attractive and affects my game. Making it harder to have the success I once had. And everytime I flirt with a potential prospect I feel like I dont want to go through all the obstacles, just to not get any response when I try moving the interaction forward.

There you have it; for the first time in a year, I feel like gaming is an obstacle. The last week game feels hard and uninspiring. Even me seeing this as an "obstacle" is a clear sign that my gaming confidence is not high at all. I almost feel like I need a break from the whole thing.

How do you cope with dry periods? And is this a temporary thing im going through? I still feel attractive and can always flirt with girls. Its the closing part I have problems with. How do you get yourself to a place where your mindset become an abundant mindset? And are there some things (meditation, warmup routines, mindsets) that I can do to tap to my confidence with women? And how do I keep my composure even if girls dont answer me or flake on me?

I know its summer, and a lot of the girls are travelling out of town. But I am also a guy who take responsibility for my own success and failure. However, this mindset has made it difficult to see all of this from a new perspective. How do I make through this and how do I regain my confidence and game?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:12 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Welcome to the forum bro. You need to work on your "inner game".

Search more about inner game from the search option at the top right corner of this page.

You can also check this out: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=190187