What is Happiness

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

Post subject: What is Happiness
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:23 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Okay, I wanted to talk about stepping into the game.

When I had to start the game, I was in my mid life crisis (age of 30). I lost meaning in life.. I didnt know why I was going to work, why I lived, why I am chasing what I am chasing (including women, and i am not gay xD).
Basically, I was asking myself questions that a man should not ask if he wants to keep his sanity.

Why I am saying this. The reason is that, when I started gaming, I was doing that while having the mid life crisis :cry: And it effected my game,, mood and state of mind when approaching girls. I constantly sunk into a depression ..now and then..almost daily. I had to drink a gallon of caffeine a day to uplift my mood..and even that didnt help. I also lost my job because of my bad mood (well that was a partial reason). I was 30 years old and I didnt have the energy that a young person had at pua.

Suddenly I came across a book that is called "Happiness and Happiness" by Tal Ben Harrari. He described 4 types of burgers that people eat.
The types were: vegetarian, rotten, ideal, junk. And here is their description.

Ideal burger: represents long and short term goals. People who pursue long term goal and enjoy daily experiences eat it. I ate it when I was working as a hacker in my first year..I liked the job and my long term goals of improving.

Vegeterian burger: represents long term goals. People who only pursue long term goals eat it. I ate it when I was a student at university and high school. I focused only on achieving long term goals and isolated myself from the rest of the world.

Junk burger: represents immediate satisfaction. Hedonist pursue those goals. I pursued it when I had my video game addiction. I used to focus on gaming as many hours a day as I could..cause it gave me an immediate satisfaction.

Rotten Burger: represents helplessness. People who learnt helplessness eat those burgers. Helplessness means that you have no feeling on the influence on external factors. Such people are at the mercy of their destiny and are usually feeling pitty for themselves and are depressed. (read Martin Seligman experiment on helplessness in dogs if you want to know more). I used to eat the burgers when I was a teenager. I didnt socialize with girls cause I thought I was not good looking enough..and girls would reject it..therefore I had to accept the fact that I can do nothing about it.

Like cholesterol in men who eat a lot of bad food... the Rotten, Junk and vegeterian burgers took an effect on my health. All of them led to cognitive impairment in speech, problem solving, attention span, listening skills and it made me more eccentric and social inept. Of course, those effects are temporary. I can alwasy go to the 'Gym' (Deal with life) or/and eat the ideal burgers.

So what burgers do you eat and when are you going to shift to eat ideal burgers only?

Post subject: Re: What is Happiness
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:53 pm 

Interesting insight and post. I'm an Ideal burger kind of person. Try as I might I have a hard time eating those Veggie burgers.