How to destroy bottled up emotions and quit talking?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:53 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

I've been really trying to change myself in a positive direction, but have found a problem with my personality I want to remove. I am always talking to others about my personal business and problems like I'm looking for some sort of reward/recognition.

I don't victimize myself, but will often say things like "yea man i want to have sex with blah blah " or , "yea man, she sent me these messages last night." If I don't I say these things or express my emotions with others they bottle up inside and people start saying "what's wrong with you, you seem so quiet, etc." But it's always afterwards I say something like "don't tell anyone we had this conversation." Of course that never works and has got me into tons of trouble with both men and women.

I want to confront this challenge immediately. I don't want anyone to know (including friends) about who I'm fucking. I don't want to talk about my problems with any of friends (feel like I'm dumping negativity on them) and I want to stop talking about accomplishments and life goals like I'm expecting to get a trophy from them.

Does anyone have advice on how to do this immediately without becoming a robot or bottling up too much emotion.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:39 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Try journaling it and getting it out on paper or typing it out on your phone/laptop/tablet/computer. OR tell it all to 1 person; your best friend or a close relative or a mentor or someone. You could even keep a journal on this forum with all of the info (keeping names anonymous of course). You don't want to keep it bottled in if it wants to come out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:35 pm 

Start a blog. Vent there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:26 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

That's a really good idea. Never would have thought of starting a blog. Starting a journal would be a good idea, but I'm not sure how effective it is. Anyone have any positive response changes from journaling or other effective ways to stop compulsive emotional talking?

Meditation works wonders at times for me too. But, sometimes it's just too difficult.

Thx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:41 am 
High Priest of Debauchery

Get a portable tape recorder and record yourself yapping about your accomplishments while taking a shit in the john. Then before you sleep, listen to what you have recorded for the day.

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:04 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

you could try hypnosis.