COLOGNES!

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:01 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Guys,

Is the new Acqua di Gio Essenza nice?

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:25 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

creed - royal oud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:01 am 
Dedicated Member

Has anyone got a good website that lists the ingredients in a cologne? I say this, because to be honest, when you're trying something on in the shop it can be a bit of a pain. As has been pointed out in this thread, you really need to put it on your skin and leave it for a while - and often all day, as many change after an hour or so.

So if you go into a shop with no real idea of what you want, you can only try on a couple at a time and it could take ages to find one that suits you.

Most men have got one or two that they know suit them well - it would be good if we could find out what the main ingredients were in those, and then find new colognes with similar ingredients (but obviously not the same). That way we can narrow our choice down from a whole shop to maybe five or six that we think 'should' go with our skin type and own smells quite well and see which of those is best/we like the most.

Obviously I can check the ingredients of each one by one, but does anyone know of a tool for comparing? Maybe something where you can filter by ingredient to be left with whatever colognes most suit you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:54 am 
Dedicated Member

basenotes is a good website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Aqua Rush by Nautica best fragrance I have smelled by far :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:07 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I just stick to Old Spice :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:10 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I just stick to Old Spice :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:50 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey guys when it comes to colognes you want light and airy. Sure maybe some of us wouldn't be here if it weren't for your fathers brute, aqua velva or old spice. But lets face it this is not 1978 anymore. I personally like to go with higher end colognes myself but you most certainly don't have to, and if you did want to try something a little more expensive ALWAYS ask for samples. Almost everywhere will give you samples!! I sometimes just survive on samples! My absolute all time favorite cologne definitely has to Aqua De Gio by Giorgio Armani, shit always gets me complements.I also favor Calvin Klein Eternity and Hugo Boss Eau de Toilette. But if your short and cash I would most certainly get your ass down to your local drugstore and pick up some Adidas Moves or some Polo. Another quick tip is spray 2wice in front of you walk through and walk away. Also my most secret technique in squirt some onto your index finger and thumb and rub it on your ear lobs because when girls lean in to speak your ear that's all there gonna smell. HLL out!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:03 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

On another note my cleansing routines as follows: Irish Spring Original Body wash, scrub down with one of those axe scrubber things I find they work the best for opening your pores and letting the clean in, Outrageous shampoo for your hair the (red bottle not the purple 2 in 1.) *Repeat , then Irish spring original deodorant not the anti-perspirant cuz who wants a buncha white chaulky stains on your pits and shirt when your talking it off later ;) Then of course Aqua De Gio, and dont forget to brush your teeth and your tongue and floss. I personally go with certs mints instead of gum. BAM! your ready for the club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:06 am 
Dedicated Member

heres one label girls seem to go mad for, it is really expensive though, its called creed its quite old fashioned but smells really fresh.

i personally like original vetiver its gorgeous

now for the bad news

a 30ml bottle is £90, a 75ml bottle is £143 or 125 ml is £175

however if you cant afford that as its too expensive.

try thierry muglers 'cologne' as this is almost identical and is only £30 for 100ml

or tom fords grey vetiver which is £55 for 50ml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:22 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Guys,

Is the new Acqua di Gio Essenza nice?

Cheers!
Yes sir, that`s exactly the one I was going to recommend.
Acqua di Gio it`s excellent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:49 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I have always had luck with Tim McGraw Southern Blend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:25 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

sexual by Michael germain

Ive gotten lots of compliments on it because its not too strong but very pleasent

here is a overview

Powerfully seductive, pure masculinity. Infused with inescapable aphrodisiacs, sexual pour homme is the fragrance that attracts and never lets her go. Perfect for seduction anytime, anywhere. sexual pour homme. Powerfully seductive.

Fragrance Type: Fougere Green Fruity
Top Notes: Indian Basil, Italian bergamot, Italian Clementine, French melon
Middle Notes: Asian Sage, African Geranium, French Petigrain, French Lavendar
Heart Notes: Indian Sandalwood, Indian Patchouli, Tonka bean, Madagascar Vanilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:17 am 
Dedicated Member

for all the james bond fans try the new fragrance james bond 007

i love it and not because it say 007 on the bottle. heres the bad news its technically not out yet, you can get it at harrods i managed to stock up before they were out of stock. i only found 1 other shop that has it available and they shouldnt have put it out yet.
the good news its available on wednesday the 19th elsewhere.
i got 1 bottle yesterday and as i walked up to the counter with it,4 hot girls were chatting behind the counter (no customers were queuing) suddenly 1 of them goes where did you find that so i pointed it out all 4 of them ran over to the display to test it when they came back all of them said they loved it!!! one of them came back all dreamy eyed lol..

so got a new favorite :)

now to the actual smell its smells of vetiver and apple, to be honest it smells a lot like La Nuit de L'Homme by Ysl

now for the best bit a 50ml bottle is £25, a 75ml bottle is £32 and 125ml is £47

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:19 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I prefer quite mature, maybe musky fragrances. I don't really like using mainstream scents either, I used a couple less obvious brands and always got real positive comments on them from women.

I've used Kiehls Original Musk for a few years now, it's a mature scent and as it's not sold on the mass market, gets noticed by women all the time. It's so different to any armani, CK, diesel nonsense, It's a proper scent, not just a smell with a brand name sold to the highest bidder.

Also, Vera Wang for men is pretty good, it's quite mature as well, but not old man style, apparently it's what Will Smith wears, if you're into that sort of thing.

I was on a bootcamp with Mystery a few years back, he had a great fragrance on, should've asked him what it was. I always notice fragrances, probably because of my massive nose, I like 'Roman nose' as one of my ex's called it. Caesar and shit.