Peacocking using a cell phone

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:38 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I have this pretty rare phone. Its a Nokia 7280 (Look it up on google). Whenever I'm using it in public, people will just come up to me ask me,"IS THAT A PHONE!????" "How in the hell do you dial?" "Wow, I thought that was an iPod or something" "Thats a badass phone"

So, I just thought. Having a awesome looking phone can be a great peacock. If its a girl thats asking me about my phone at a party, I would usually show her it has a camera and take pictures with her, and try to number close.

What are some good ideas to follow up my cell phone peacocking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:42 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Men Use Phones To Impress Women; Women Use Phones To Ward Off Men
from the the-battle-of-the-sexes dept
Well, it appears some things don't change much. Almost exactly six years ago, we wrote about a study that said that men tend to use mobile phones in the same way that peacocks display their plumage: as a mating call to try to impress women. A new study has found that this still happens. Men are much more likely to actively display their mobile phones in social situations. The article suggests it's a way to pick up women, but it also notes that men are just as eager to display their mobile phones to other men to make themselves appear more important. Of course, what makes this even more interesting is the study we saw this past summer that found that women use mobile phones for almost the exact opposite purpose. They do it to keep men from approaching them. That is, if they see someone approaching them, they may pull out the phone so they have an excuse to avoid talking to the man. No wonder the sexes have so much trouble communicating. They don't even use communication devices the same way.

source: http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20061113/213503.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:51 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Haha, thats a pretty interesting article. The point of the article is different from what I'm talking about though. I'm talking about having an interesting looking phone to peacock. Everyone likes sleek looking phones.
Heres what my phone looks like btw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:37 am 
New to MPUA Forum

thats a mad peacock

could fluro coloured phones work?