choosing a style...

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: choosing a style...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:42 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

yeah how do i go about this?? im a boxer and weightlifter and i want to do a bit of mma, but most guys i see that dress like that are complete tools. wantering round with shaved heads and tapout hoodies looking for people to intimidate.

im 17 years old and quite skinny still, despite the weights, so im wondering what to develop as my style. i dont have any strong music preferences. i like everything from queens of the stone age to katy perry.

i also find alot of the mens mainstream stuff too camp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:31 pm 
Dedicated Member

A guy said this to me and it pretty much summed it up

First rule of fight club. you don't talk about fight club... second rule of fight club...

I have the same background as you just a bit older. I wear some of my affliction stuff and walkout t's as undershirts but I keep my style very classy. It's interesting when you can outline multiple aspects of your personality in your style. People who fit too nicely into a mold are faking it and we all know it.
Look up some pics of Anderson Silva, dudes got style to spare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:59 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I've tried all kinds of different styles and I can tell you, that the best way to dress is to express your personality, because your body language is naturally adapted for that. :)
Just a quick overview I'm also into martial arts (been training TKD), I've listened to every piece of music, but the ones that I love the most are techno/rap/rock and I like comedy. Since I remember

So to put that into my style of clothing, I started to wear T-shirts (techno/rave style), with funny messages printed on them, black skater trousers or jeans and large hoods (rap style) with two or three colors. For peacocking (my rock side) two or three metal rings, neck pendant with some japaneese letters (I tell girls, that I have connections with jakuzas :D) and a black metal bracelet (the kind that Mystery had on S2|E1 on VH1 The PUA) and that's pretty much it, altough I do combine with other clothes/acessories/styles... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:03 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

ok thanks guys. i want to stay away from mma stuff / affliction shirts and the like. anything that will portray me as violent. i want something that says this guy is fucking alpha. something that makes me look manly as opposed to the camp / feminine looking clothes most people wear, without looking like im trying. i meen you see people with these tappout beanies and mma hoodies trying to look hard. i just want to look realy alpha, but more of the wise alpha than agressive alpha if that makes sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:42 am 
Dedicated Member

I wear a big sheepskin coat. It is pimp as fuck. When the weather get's warmer (like it is now) I wear pin stripe slacks and nice dress shirts sleeves tight rolled up to half of my forearm. When people start talking about my fighting background I always say "I'm a lover not a fighter... just right now I am not in love". I ALWAYS down play my fighting stuff and act embarrassed and change the subject.

On a different note I would say the most alpha men I know are fathers and they have nooooo style. Alpha status is best conveyed by behavior and body language. You could pull off alpha in a tutu if you carried it right. I dress to show success and sexuality. clothes can't give you alpha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:07 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
I wear a big sheepskin coat. It is pimp as fuck. When the weather get's warmer (like it is now) I wear pin stripe slacks and nice dress shirts sleeves tight rolled up to half of my forearm. When people start talking about my fighting background I always say "I'm a lover not a fighter... just right now I am not in love". I ALWAYS down play my fighting stuff and act embarrassed and change the subject.

On a different note I would say the most alpha men I know are fathers and they have nooooo style. Alpha status is best conveyed by behavior and body language. You could pull off alpha in a tutu if you carried it right. I dress to show success and sexuality. clothes can't give you alpha.
i see what you say about being alpha, but some clothes significantly hamper your ability to portray the right image. can anyone recomend a load of good, diferent male style icons that i can look through and choose a style from. most of the alpha's i know of just wear suits

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:59 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

From my experience with women, they tend to be turned off by guys decked out in Ed Hardy with bronzer sprayed everywhere and ass-dragons on their jeans...that might just be because I live in Canada tho :P

If you have the time to invest and it interests you, try reading up on men's fashion (GQ, Askmen (website), etc.). They have quite a few good tips, and you can develop+modify their advice to suit your needs :)

Edit: If you're a skinny guy but do weights, then you probably have at least SOME muscle definition (if not mass). Maybe Michael Fassbender, or Channing Tatum are good icons for you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:51 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Can't go wrong with jeans. Bootcut suit me personally but most important is get clothes that fit snug. Muscle fit such as Abercrombie and Fitch suit my build and I always get compliments on my A&F shirts.

I have an Armarni watch as well that gets one or two compliments so go for a watch that is at least over £80. I started wearing Rockport boots and a lot of guys have started imitating me and when point it out they say its because they seen me wearing them.

But the important thing is the fit. Take Tom Cruise for example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:16 am 
New to MPUA Forum

If you're an athletic guy I'd say go for simple clean clothes that fit really fucking well. Dark fitted jeans, a fitted thermal, military cap, and cool shoes; whether you go for nice sneakers, rugged boots, sleek dress shoes, bright althletic shoes etc. is where you can really express your personality.

You dont have to wear anything crazy or outrageous, just get some well fitted clothes and let your frame and body language do the talking. All that affliction shit is too damn tryhard. The calm collected alpha shouldnt need to wear clothes that scream "look at me, I'm such a badass!" He just is a badass, and anyone who looks at him will see that.

Good luck on your style quest meng

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:20 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
All that affliction shit is too damn tryhard. The calm collected alpha shouldnt need to wear clothes that scream "look at me, I'm such a badass!" He just is a badass, and anyone who looks at him will see that.
prefect man, summed up what im trying to say in my last few posts. i realy like the checked shirts that have been around a while, but i keep not buying any because they MUST be going out of fassion soon right?? and i dont mind wearing stuff that isnt fassionable right now if it suits me, because that makes a statement. but wearing stuff thats just gone out might look like im clueless and just havnt bothered to update my wardrobe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:15 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

If you are really honest with yourself, you will realize that Ed Hardy and Affliction are not adult clothing. Not only that, but most of it is just plain ugly. Not only that, but neither are even cool anymore. Just say no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:54 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:

prefect man, summed up what im trying to say in my last few posts. i realy like the checked shirts that have been around a while, but i keep not buying any because they MUST be going out of fassion soon right?? and i dont mind wearing stuff that isnt fassionable right now if it suits me, because that makes a statement. but wearing stuff thats just gone out might look like im clueless and just havnt bothered to update my wardrobe.
Nah man, dont worry about it. Fashions don't rotate that fast unless you live in LA. Checkered shirts have been around in some form pretty much the past 30 years. All you gotta do is find fresh ways of wearing the same pieces. Wear it regular, wear it with a skinny tie, wear it open with an undershirt just try it all out. I do recommend you switch your wardrobe up a bit though; if all you have is checked shirts no matter how cool they are your style will stagnate. [/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:05 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

ok so ive seen a few things i like.
i like the 'washout' look here

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/men/g ... wash-out-3

and this:

thing is im not sure if it sends out the wrong image. it looks great for a night out in some places. but im not sure if it sends out the wrong image, i meen could i go into tiger tiger dressed like that :D ??

what impression would you get ?? thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:11 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

also what the hell is that cardigan thing called in the pic??

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:43 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Dhan Prapti Ke Achook Upay is a service for earning Money or Dhan using some astrological help that gives 100 percent positive results. Dhan is an essential asset to live one’s life comfortably like the basic things to live life like Food, roof and cloths
dhan prapti upay in hindi