clueless in terms of fahion

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:17 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I have not been on the forum for quite some time, because I only write or read posts when I need advice. And I need advice now. And you guys always provide and escape route in times of trouble.
I got a little bit of money and I need to build my wardrobe from scratch. The only problem is that I have no clue what to buy, I am not dressing weird or creepy, It's just that I jave no fashion sesne.
If you know any good articles or books (already read Bard P's Fashion Bible) or have advice, it would help a lot. The biggest problem is that most advice is to create a sexual archetype or 'tribe', or copy some celebirty or character from tv. The problem with that is, they usually wear suits, and I need sneakers, jeans and t-shirts for the day game.
Any help is appreciated, thnx in advance guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:39 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Ditch the tshirts. Since you want casual dress though here we go....

Grab some casual button up shirts that have a dressy look but still can go with jeans. They need to fit nice.

pick up some undershirts (with and without patterns [white and black are good bets as they go with almost everything]
you don't always need to wear an undershirt but it gives you more combinations to mix for cheap

Jeans is really down to getting a proper fit. No more baggy jeans. Get straight legs and/or bootcuts. they give you a nice shape. don't go overly skinny either. Grab many lighter and dark shades with worn and stressed looks maybe even a pair with holes.

Belts are a must, don't skip this part they make a huge difference despite the fact they dont seem like it. Grab something black or brown [both?] and avoid tackey belt buckles. no rodeo bull shit here tex. leather is the material of choice.

shoes match the belt (hence black or brown) sneakers or casual dress shoes is more the target here. I like to dress up my sneakers with the laces going through a guitar pick (white or other flashy color) since i play guitar.

Accessories is what you feel like matches you. go with toned down things however like brown leather and dark silver/metal. Avoid gold. Grab a good watch as well. A ring is always good.

There are some notes to get you started.

also get your measurements and then, Drop a couple hundred to get started. after that its just buying the occasional shirt or pair of jeans over time to supplement your wardrobe.

Take along a female friend for advice if you like as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:27 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Good advice all around. The only thing I'll add regarding fit is this: if you have total, u restricted range of motion, your clothes are too big and baggy. When you move your arms you should feel a bit of tension in the fabric across you shoulders and upper back. When you sit, you shouldn't be able to pull a considerable amount of fabric up from the thigh of your pants. Fit I'd about look, not comfort. Do you think girls are comfortable in all those form fitting, sexy clothes they wear. Last thing I'll say is boot cut jeans is a dead trend, theyre too baggy.I would avoid them if I were you but that's your call. You should really go for a regular fit at the baggiest or a slim fit but no skinny. If you're unsure ask a sales associate and say specifically that you're looking for a slim fit but def no skinnies. Be prepared to try on several brands before you find a fit you like the most.

Good luck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:18 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hello Sir ,

Clothing says who you are without opening your mouth.For, everyone dresses how they feel.However , since you want to go formal or semiformal , having a grap of the basics is no more than essential.

Top to bottom :

Hair : While hair isn't actually categorized in clothing i , myself think that is an important factor of attractiveness and a great asset on one's looks.So hair , should be well cut , or stylized .Nothing too fancy , nothing too improper.

Scarves : I would buy 2-3 scarves , while they're not too expensive they do add up to your style quite a bit.
Some that would match your belt and shoes would be more than enough.Again nothing overly fancy that makes you look like a clown.

Tops : Equipping yourself with like 4-5 shirts would be solid. I like to go with plain colors but thats up to you , but wear anything colorful-fancy enough and you may look out of scheme.Something like white , black , light blue , pink-red (it's a hue i cannot characterize with a word) then simple checkered ones usually do the job as well. And fancy that , shirts can be worn EVERYWHERE and ANYTIME . Be it , a walk with friends in the summer , in the winter , a walk to the beach that will lead you to a night party , anything really.They can be worn with everything and anything and look pretty damn good.
------Then you can buy some V-necks as extras for a little bit more professional-tight look , but thats up to you.

Bottoms: Jeans , never , ever , go wrong . I hate ripped jeans and they dont look as formal but rather more casual and torn-like. I would go with plain , dark jeans , not baggy and definately not skinnies.A good medium would look very good .3 pairs are fine (e.g. a denim-dark one , a lighter one and then a black) .
-----Chinos are another thing , you may want to have look into those later on but they are a great addition.

Shoes : You can never go wrong with 2 pairs . Some wingtip boots or just boots , not those timberland ones. And a pair of loafers or normal wingtips in neutral colors since it's to start.

Extras

Bracelets : For me they're an amazing asset and a good conversation starter.They have never been useless to me.And it shows your personality. You can find some good quality ones here *cheap too* (http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Leather-B ... gridsize=3 )

Watches : Watches are great and you can buy fine ones with less than 30s .

Cardigans : Cardigans are my favorite , i almost always wear one and if i don't , i do.They step your style one more notch . Seriously , they re awesome and there are hundred or thousands of different ones . Just dont pick the sports one .

Socks : While socks may not be the very first one notices , you dont want to be laughed at when you sit down and the pink-barbie ones appear . So buy some anyway .They're cheap and easy to choose.

Remember those are just advice . Rome wasn't built in a day so your wardrobe isn't going to -either.

Signing off,
~John

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:22 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Being a former football lad, I have always been into fashion - mainly casual stone island, paul & shark, cp company, armani etc.

My one piece of advice is dont dress cheap - put some money into your wardrobe, even if it takes time to build. Usually high end italian brands clothing lasts for years and its worth it, the shirts have a better fit and the materials better.

Also a big thing colour coordination - learn what matches and what doesn't.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:36 pm 
English Muffin

You don't need t-shirts and sneakers, why be like the rest of the lazy people?

Study the crap out of: fashionbeans.com

My advice would be, always choose versatile as the foundation

If you're a skinny guy, avoid t shirts and go for shirts. A few white, and some other light colours like light blue, salmon etc

Slim fit is your friend. Pretend all straight legged trousers are invisible. Get a pair of black and a pair of indigo jeans, you can get many looks out of these.

Brown shoes/boots
Black shoes/boots (with matching colour textured belts)

The biggest thing for me, which makes me usually one of the best dressed in the venue is, get your clothes tailored, spend money on this area. This will transform your look. A perfect fitted blazer is sexy.

For me, I like to accessorise with pocket squares, cravat, bow tie, ties and change it up. Girls will open you with this stuff

Depending on climate, waist coats look great too.

Some bonus's, tie clips, nice simple white faced retro watch.

I am balding but I wear a flat to hide my flaws.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:50 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Casual trendy 2015: You can check out wearing a longline T shirt(bomber jacket over it as an option) and then some fitted/skinny jeans

Casual risk taker trendy: You can try the same thing but wear some fitted leather pants.

Good sites that keep up with trends are zara, topman and ASOS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:54 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:

Where are these shirts sold?

On the other hand since people are mentioning scarves, you want to be ultra cool:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:47 pm 
English Muffin

It is a Cravat/Ascot

defo chick magnets

Those shirts are sold on ebay, don't buy, they are really cheap shit quality

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:01 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
If you're a skinny guy,
What if you're not?
Quote:
I am balding but I wear a flat to hide my flaws.
What's a "flat?" (Just curious, I shave my head...)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:03 pm 
English Muffin

If you're not skinny, wear shirts that overlap the belt line. It was take focus away from the belly. The best answer would be to lose weight and get into shape

Flat = Flat cap