expressing positive body language sitting down

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I've recently been researching a bit into body language and have been trying to find the best ways to represent myself in a positive image. I feel I've got a decent grasp on the concept in general, but one thing that gets me is sitting down (particularly at abar, in a booth) . I understand that having a generally open and relaxed body is fine and all but whenever I sit down at a booth and make a conscious effort to be this way, find myself not knowing what to do with my arms.

I always feel as though I'm being a bit figidity and awkward. because every time i do something to get comfortable I end up crossing my arms or appearing closed off. I know this seems like such a trivial thing but I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had a problem like this. and what to do to correct it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:07 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Don't cross your arms but other than that in my experience it's more about the overall vibe you are giving off, sitting down or standing up. If you feel really good about yourself and the future etc. this comes across and your exact sitting position in my opinion is a distant second to this in importance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:30 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I think what you mean is you’re trying to find a way to express “dominant body language” which is much different than positive body language. What I love to do when I’m sitting down (especially in a booth) is to sit back in a relaxed position with my legs open. Don’t cross your arms, instead put one hand by your side or on the table, and the other hand by your crotch (preferably put your thumb in your belt loop). This is a very dominant and sexually comfortable position and will be garunteed to get some women checking you out.

Enlightenment Dating. The world’s #1 Honest Dating Review Site.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:23 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Ever heard the saying "Appearances can often be deceiving."?
That's true.

Pretending to be positive, dominant, or what have you, doesn't automatically make you so.
You can't fake body language.
It's something that comes from within.
If you're sad, your body will reflect that, no matter how much you will hide it, unless you're a psychopath.

Be truly happy, and you will reflect that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:20 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Pretending to be positive, dominant, or what have you, doesn't automatically make you so.
Actually science says differently: acting dominant makes you more dominant. If someone doubts I will give you the scientific studies to back up my statement (get ready to read actual behaviour studies of chimps (the real ones), cortisol levels etc).