Acting Classes

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: Acting Classes
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:00 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I was wondering if anyone has taken acting classes to help with body language and voice tonality. If you have, would you recommend taking acting classes? Did you receive good results? Currently I am watching mostly James Bond films and trying to replicate Sean Connery's movements but feel some guidance would help. Any thoughts on this topic would be appreciated.

Best,

Jackstay

Post subject: Re: Acting Classes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:13 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
What's the worst that could happen?
I'm wondering if it is worth the money or if I should simply continue analyzing alpha male roles in film then try and duplicate their gait and mannerisms.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:26 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
What's the worst that could happen?
I'm wondering if it is worth the money or if I should simply continue analyzing alpha male roles in film then try and duplicate their gait and mannerisms.
Why would you lock yourself up in a room and practise it alone. When not only can you learn the skills MUCH better, MUCH faster and in a MUCH more fun way, but also build another interesting thing about yourself? Just another interesting thing for a girl to discover about you. In return builds more on your natural confidence!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:42 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Took an acting class in college. I'd recommend it if you have the opportunity.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:54 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I took acting classes this year. 4 months, 2 classes per week, 2 hours per class. In the middle all of us received a role on a play (i had 2 scenes).

it helped me with voice tonality, imposing myself in a conversation and less worry about presentations. the experience of presenting the play in a real theatre for 3 nights at the end of the course for about 100 people each night was one of the best i already have. It was unique, almost as sexual pleasure.

it didn´t completely change my life but helped me improve some skills. and met a lot of different interesting people.