Should one's look match one's personality?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:36 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey guys! :)

I have had this thought for a while and been debating it with myself and some close female friends.
How much should a guys look match his personality? Im not talking about a heavy metal fan in suits but more about if your look should match your personality( example masculine look with a masculine personality).

The question which started these thought where if I should go back to my 1 mm buzz cut or keep my longer hair. All my female friends say that i look better, more charming and sweeter with hair on the head, contra with my buzz cut they told me I looked more like a criminal, bad guy and "cold" in the sense not showing that much feelings.

The "problem" is, that I am told that my personality have a pretty feminine touch, which shine through when I talk and connect 1 on 1 with girls. Both my female friends and ex girlfriends have told me Im about the guy with the most feminine personality they know.

So do you guys think that with a masculine body and well dressed style that a more "masculine" haircut will suit one better if there is some feminine traits in one's personality, or should one go for a more "feminine" haircut where the hair is a bit longer, like justin timberlakes hair in suit and tie?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:13 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Do what makes you comfortable, don't worry about looking "masculine." Some girls really dig a sensitive, but confident guy. Rock that shit.

CHECK OUT:
http://www.askyourselfy.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:36 am 
Dedicated Member

I've just looked up justin Timberlake in Suit and Tie and that is not a feminine haircut. It's still pretty short; probably a grade 3 around the sides and maybe 3-4 inches long on top. I think "feminine" only comes into play when we're starting to talk about long hair all round and starting to get towards ear length/shoulder length hair. So I would say that your haircut at the moment - if it's like that - is definitely nothing to be worried about.

Generally, I think you are looking at it the wrong way around. I don't think you should consciously be thinking "I will wear these clothes/cut my hair like that because I want to look like x". BUT you should be buying clothes that you like and having a haircut that you like - so if it is something you like then it is showing off your personality of course.

For haircuts, I don't think personality matters as much as your face shape/features. If you've got quite a feminine face, with feminine features etc., then I would avoid having long shoulder length hair - I would keep it at the Justin Timberlake length you mentioned or even shorter. But if you have an ordinary man's face then you can wear your hair however you want really.