HEY! I need tips on my look!

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hi everyone, I've been approached the pickup community for a certain amount of time,
I've done some approaches, some success, since I'm 17 :oops: ,(I'm studying aboard in a community college)
I can't do night game at clubs.
Mostly I game around school, but I have encountered several obstacles.
I have received comments like I looked as if I have a dangerous aura, sometimes like a hitman/bad guy :evil: anyway.
And I'm hard to approach.
After my significant changes once I approached pick up,
I found that it became harder for me to receive
good response from people,
almost 70-80% of my apporaches went one-way, interview like..
I ask and they response,
I comment on something, they either response with okay,or nothing at all.
I teased their response or anything,
they had a surprised look or awkward look.

I have female friends told me I looked dangerous and comparing me
and my friend, people would prefer to approach my friend because he seems to be friendlier and nicer.
I have not encountered those obstacles ,
until I reached the changing point of my life which changed me 180' for my style and personality.
Even more, my friends told me, my care-free and laid back attitude and body language
synergized with my style so well that they thought I'm person
who is too outstanding and give them a bad-first impression.

It makes me harder to meet new people since I'm giving an aggressive/dangerous/bad impression.

Below are my style:

P.S I'll update my other hairstyle and clothing :wink:

Money.Power.Respect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:06 am 

I wouldn't say dangerous at all.

In terms of criticism, in a purely constructive way I would say you look a little effeminate. It may be the hair. You look quite young as well.

Maybe that is the look you're going for?

Cut the hair. Try a little scruff if you're able to grow it and it doesn't look too blotchy. Try jeans and a decent slim cut button-up shirt. That'd be my advice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:49 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm young, just 17.
Its weird that people said they can feel a dangerous/bad guy aura from me.
Some female friends pointed out that its my accessories, my wallet and key chain in my hips.
I took it out, they said I look less aggressive ,and yet not enough. I took out my necklace,
and they said "yep, way better!" any yet not enough. They told me it might be my hair,
it may be a bit too out standing, effeminate, like you wouldn't find this kind of hair around,
especially student like me at the age of 17.
I wanted to solve those obstacles that keep blocking me

Money.Power.Respect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:35 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey Akuserareta,

Some things to consider:

-"Dangerous" is not necessarily a bad thing, unless you're looking for more female friends :) I'd be much more concerned if women said I looked "like the nicest / most approachable guy in the world".

On the other hand, there might be something with your body language, how you carry yourself. Question: when you wear your outfits, do you feel somewhat dangerous/too outstanding? Chances are, if you're still adapting to your look or just not comfortable in it, this lack of comfort translates to your body language.

-Regarding your outfits:

The 3rd look is by far the best, you could add a slim fit vest and an accessory on your hand for maximum effect. Still, even without it, it's a pretty damn good look.

However, for other looks I'd get rid of the hoodie. The problem with most hoodies is that they have way too much extra weight at the torso area, witch in turn makes your physique look somewhat pear shaped.

Regarding the hair - I like it. Shorter hair tends to make you look younger, which is rarely a good thing when you're 17 :)

Hope this helps,
Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:49 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

thx,
I recieved comments from female friends about my body language,
they said whenever i sit, i have my arms wide open, rest on top of the couch or just the arm rest + lean back, and relax which looks kinda weird to them because they don't always see ppl sitting like that and they felt like i'm a super laid back+ a person who don't really care about others ,LoL!
Maybe they are just too young?

Money.Power.Respect