Winter style: good coat and scarf

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:44 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

I'm short and what I have going on for me is that I'm really slim fit and have a good body shape.

In warmer times I can use slim fit clothes that look good on me, but in winter, with heavy coats... I'm fuc*** .

Also I have a tendency to often get soar throats, so I need a scarf.

Any suggestion on a good coat that would look good on a short, thin guy and a nice scarf?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:42 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

You just have to find a coat with a good cut and since you're short and thin, find something in size small or extra-small. Just make sure it isn't baggy on you. If it is baggy and goes too far down, it will make your legs look shorter and make you look shorter.
Ideally you want something that fits on you like this -
http://www.amazon.com/Donner%C2%AE-Coll ... NXMC&psc=1
Also avoid puffy snow coat jackets unless you are just super cold. It won't flatter your figure if it puffs out too much.

Scarves are hard to screw up. Avoid anything too frilly or feminine and avoid any sort of stupid prints (like sports team logos). If you want to play it safe, stick with neutral colors. But since scarves are an accessory you can use it to give color to your outfit.
If you want to know how to wear a scarf and tie a knot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCxkTF__h0Y

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:56 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
You just have to find a coat with a good cut and since you're short and thin, find something in size small or extra-small. Just make sure it isn't baggy on you. If it is baggy and goes too far down, it will make your legs look shorter and make you look shorter.
Ideally you want something that fits on you like this -
http://www.amazon.com/Donner%C2%AE-Coll ... NXMC&psc=1
Also avoid puffy snow coat jackets unless you are just super cold. It won't flatter your figure if it puffs out too much.

Scarves are hard to screw up. Avoid anything too frilly or feminine and avoid any sort of stupid prints (like sports team logos). If you want to play it safe, stick with neutral colors. But since scarves are an accessory you can use it to give color to your outfit.
If you want to know how to wear a scarf and tie a knot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCxkTF__h0Y
Good reply, thanks, I'll need something heavy but I hadn't thought about the length and the one I have so far is definitely too long and gives a "dwarf's legs" impression.

Also great youtube link, I knew him already, that guy is Italian, gay and a fashion consultant, hard to get a more respectable source :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:59 am 
Dedicated Member

Yeah, normally I'd recommend a trench coat or something like that, but if you're shorter you may want to stick to a shorter coat - maybe look at Barbour coats. Padded "farmer" type coats, very big over here in the UK at the moment. Some of them look very stylish, some of them look a bit too countryside. But pick well and you're good to go.

On the scarf issue, be careful how you wear it. I would avoid wrapping it around your neck, as this separation between body and head could make you look shorter as well. Keeping it draped longer without the wrap around would elongate everything a bit more.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:22 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Yeah, normally I'd recommend a trench coat or something like that, but if you're shorter you may want to stick to a shorter coat - maybe look at Barbour coats. Padded "farmer" type coats, very big over here in the UK at the moment. Some of them look very stylish, some of them look a bit too countryside. But pick well and you're good to go.

On the scarf issue, be careful how you wear it. I would avoid wrapping it around your neck, as this separation between body and head could make you look shorter as well. Keeping it draped longer without the wrap around would elongate everything a bit more.
Barbour coats,
Look interesting, have seen some with a belt on the waist, would you think that would look feminine though?

Scarf,
Another good one thanks, unless the coat also covers the neck I might need to wrap it otherwise it won't cover the throat, the weakest part, but same colour as the coat could minimize the issue.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:18 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Here's some good examples of men in scarves
http://www.maurilioamorim.com/2012/12/h ... r-a-scarf/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:36 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Wow. Really? You care so much about how to wear a fucking scarf? You've worse problems than scarves and coats!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:45 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Wow. Really? You care so much about how to wear a fucking scarf? You've worse problems than scarves and coats!!
Don't underestimate the value of being fashionable. It boosts confidence and gives a man an advantage in the dating field.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Yeah, like that I'm at home sick and swallowing hurts like crazy because I wasn't wearing any... Guess what? Coat and scarf :)