Does Singing Improves Your Voice??

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:31 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Ever since I started the game, I avoided training my voice, mainly because it is really difficult and thinking as long I speak slowly and loudly, I will automatically sound more confident and sexy.

I haven't realise how wrong I was until I tried recorded a casual conversation I had with a friend of mine and painfully listened through it. Here were several major problems I noticed:

*Inconsistent pacing, sometimes I speak slowly, sometimes I speak quickly.
*Use of pausers which I wasn't even aware about.
*When I tried emphasize certain words, I paused for a bit then use my voice to emphasize it. This backfires as it only create the impression I ran into a stammer.
*Sounds a little bit monotone.

I definitely need to do more vocal practices, like recording my storytelling practices and consciously avoiding pausers. Another thing I'm wondering is will singing improve my voice? I enjoy singing along to songs I like, and I can definitely use this as my advantage to my vocal training.

You guys can recommend me some songs too which will be great to sing alone :D I will definitely appreciate that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:47 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: nrjose27@aim.com
I actually started doing voice classes at my college, and it was actually the most unexpected learning experience I've ever had.

Let me break a few things down:

Vocal Tonality
When it comes to speech or singing, there are two things you gotta make sure: 1) Make sure you're heard, and 2) Make sure you're understood. As we were singing "My Country, 'Tis of Thee", there were some people who sung so shallow that I perceived them to be weak and unconfident; they didn't want to embarrass themselves or make others judge them, so they decided to lay low. The problem was that I couldn't even hear them despite them standing right across the piano. What the alpha man has is a strong, booming voice that can grab attention. I took a deep breath and sung the verses, and even though I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, I was able to at least stand out from the betas. A strong voice is something that's expected from a person who wants to hone their leadership capabilities, so keep that in mind.

Diction is defined as "the style of enunciation in speaking or singing." Amongst other things, the reason why musical artists are able to captivate their listeners is because we can understand what they are saying. Who'd want to listen to a mumbling, stuttering, and stammering musician? We'd totally lose interest in what they're saying even before they get to the chorus. Reading sheet music allows us to pronounce words carefully and correctly while at the same time raising and lowering our pitch. You said before how you sounded somewhat monotonous; vocal classes can certainly change that. Can you imagine hearing a song that played and replayed one single note? You're ears will bleed.

Body Language
On the first day of vocal class, I sensed a seriously nervous vibe coming from some people. By feeling very nervous, they're body language projected it clearly:
• Crossed arms and legs
• Looking down
• Legs shaking
• Hands in pockets
• Slouching

Of course, it was going to be the first time the students will be singing amongst each other, but I had to be the exception and not do what they were doing:
• Uncroseed arms and legs
• Chin up
• Legs rooted
• Hands clasped in front of body
• Straight back

When in conversation, do the latter body language, not the former. You want to display the kind of body language that'll make you stand out.

Hope this bit of information helps, bro.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:19 am 
Dedicated Member

Well....I do not see why singing wouldn't improve your voice...I mean all singing is really...is training your voice! So I mean it should! Or what you could do...is take A tape recorder in field...record yourself approaching women and have A professional voice coach give you some pointers!

Just my take on it all you know?

Click here to get your FREE report now!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:34 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Singing is good for learning to project.
Choir/singing classes & Acting classes will train you to project your voice, letting it go out farther without you having to raise your voice level as much.
Singing itself depends on what kind, if it's a higher pitch like tenor your voice gets lighter from singing higher notes while lower notes naturally deepen your voice.