Looking for dress advice

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: Looking for dress advice
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:44 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm in the process of fixing up my dress and style. I've started from wearing just basic v necks and camo shorts to more pants with nice v neck under and a button down with. i wear basic square earnings my cartilage and my fraternity ring with my basic gold cross necklace, on a more party location I will wear a bigger silver cross.

My reasoning for explaining all of this is that I am looking for a any further dress advice, I mainly shop at TJ Maxx and get single colored shirts. I am also looking for other items for good peacocking and better dress, I do understand that dress isn't everything but it helps me with confidence and AA. Any help and advice would be great.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:38 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I like wearing interesting casual button down shirts with a pair of jeans when I pick up at clubs. When I am in the daytime, I usually go jeans and v-neck, or jeans and an interesting t-shirt.

Try shopping at Macy's, they sometimes have pretty cool t shirts. I also am a big fan of Guess shirts, and I almost exclusively shop there for my shirts. I get compliments all the time on the shirts I wear from Guess.

I wear a cowboy hat when I peacock- it gets me a lot of positive female attention.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:55 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I like the long sleeves shirts in winter with the designer cuffs. get on ebay and look at "robert graham" you can buy cool ones in the $80 to 100 range. get them tailored

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:00 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Ill have to look at Macy's. that skipped my mind. I have 1 guess button down cause Tj maxx has them and I buy both long and short sleeve. In summer I just roll up the sleeves. Trying to kill birds with stones and save the wallet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:37 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

If you are trying to save your wallet, wait until the end of a season when everything from the previous season goes on sale.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:15 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

It's hard to address fashion without knowing what crowd you are in, where you live/game, your age, where you are going out, who you want to impress, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:50 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Here are some tips to begin with:

*Get tight fit clothes, they'll make you look more fit and well groomed.
*Get interesting accessories, like necklace or ring.
*Coordinate colours. Don't dress all flashy on the top but dull at the bottom.

Remember, the way you dress conveys your personality; if you like it simple, keep it simple, if you like it colourful and flashy, make it colourful and flashy. You can get some inspiration by looking at celebrities and fashion magazine. Personally I feel improving your fashion is the most fun aspect of improving yourself and can give yourself a very big boost in confidence. Hope this helps :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:00 pm 
English Muffin

The Internet is very useful. Google for some blogs/vlogs and watch/read and learn. Here are my favs:

Blogs:
http://www.fashionbeans.com/2008/mens-style-tips-1/.

Or

Vlogs:
http://youtu.be/xOgRGYFHfKE

I'm sure there are products out there that you can pay for. Or you can pay a stylist to help you. Pretty expensive but you will look good fast.

We are so lucky in this day of age where we live in the information age.

My reccomendation is to learn the information yourself, the info is out there! FOR FREE! Nobody had this 15 years ago!, take advantage of this luxury! you need to invest time into your education, you have to make it a hobby. I used to dress horribly till I got to the community and I saw girls open my friend who had excellent style and saw the power of it.

Old me (loud shirt that was too big, Baggie jeans and square nosed shoes= bad) (still better than USA style ;) )

New me (simple shirt, tailored to fit, jeans tailored too, and some nice looking loafers=good (I get compliments and IOI's)

Some pit falls that most people fall into in PUA:
- they are too cheap and buy low quality.
- they dress stupid like peacocks and stick out for the wrong reasons.
- perception is reality, a lot of people think they dress good when in fact they don't.
- comfort zones, I have never seen so many people panic because I am making them try on slim fit jeans and they freak out thinking they will look like Russell Brand or something.
- they don't ask their friend's who dress well for help.
- they don't ask the people who work in the shop that are there to help.
- they stick to fashion rather than style, so actually spend more money on the latest trends. Rather than just have a good time-less style.
- they are worried that their friends will make jokes of their new look (if girls compliment you and your friends call you gay, that means you have your style perfect, let your friends stagnate in their ways, you will have the last laugh.)
- they never change their haircut. Get a hair consultation, get someone to work out of your face shape and they will think of a look that will suit your style and face shape. Look up your fav celebs and find some cool hair styles, don't blend in.

The great thing about style is , it makes a massive advantage when you get it right in terms of picking up girls, the best thing about it...you can master this in a few hours of studying and one weekend of shopping. I've turned my friend(s) from a 3/10 to 7/10 in just a few hours. Massive result change on their love lives. This in turn gets more IOI's in real life and even on online dating pics, there are no down sides.

Some cool styles I like;

Image these twins are local club promoters, they dress amazing and get laid like rockstar's

Image simple smart casual.

Image David gandy, the master at style.

I know some of you will think some of these pics look gay, but which proves my point I mentioned that some people are stuck in their ways and comfort Zones. Hopefully these people will present examples how they look in turn.

Pebble.