Annoying head nod habit and sexual body language

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:30 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey guys, I recently joined the forum, been here for a while reading posts and learning from the advice everybody gives. I've been incorporating a lot of the basic suggestions newbies are given, and have been working out for the past year or so regularly and have gotten a lot more muscular, which has done wonders for my inner game. At the same time I've upgraded my wardrobe, invested in a nice watch and cologne, and have worked on my sense of fashion.
I started flirting a lot more with girls recently and have gotten better at my verbal game and making conversation become sexual, but I'm still not exactly sure what constitutes sexual body language per se. I feel like it should be a mix of facial expressions and verbal language but I feel I'm missing a big chunk of it that I just don't get. I know about kino and have started trying it out in bits and pieces, but I'm still not fully confident in my ability to kino a girl. When I approach on the dance floor and start dancing with girls, I kino them a lot more confidently whether we're grinding or just dancing, but if it's not a setting where physical contact is expected (like a dance floor) I become shy.
Another big issue I have is this annoying head nod habit. For some reason, I developed this habit of nodding my head when listening to another person speak when in conversation, however its far more frequent than it should be in my opinion, and definitely detracts from the confident alpha body language I'm looking for. Anybody have any ideas how to break this annoying habit? It stems from this internal belief that I need to grant confirmation to the person I'm speaking with that I understood their point or that I am listening. I'm not sure how I can implement an internal process change to get rid of it, or to simply break it, because it's become ingrained into me quite a bit, and I feel fidgety if I just stare at them smiling without nodding anymore.
Thanks guys, appreciate the help.
tl;dr version: What exactly is sexual body language and how can I break a habit of nodding my head to every point someone makes(sometimes as often as 10-15 times a minute).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:51 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I agree, that's a destructive supplicating habit. usually substitution is easier than elimination, can you replace the supplicating nodding with a sly smile?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:05 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I hadn't considered trying to replace it with something, that's a pretty good idea. Do you mean keep a constant sly smile on my face, or keep a gentle smile and then smirk slyly instead of nodding?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:59 am 
PUA Forum Leader

right, a sly smile replacing the head bobbing. Or something else you can do, that head bobbing thing i've seen before, and like most "ticks" it will kill your game

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:52 am 
Dedicated Member

The head nodding is not necessarily a bad thing. Take this example - you're in a lecture at college, the tutor is speaking and everyone is sat with their eyes down paying no attention, but you sit there nodding and showing that you're interested in what he's saying. You'll notice that the tutor will start telling his jokes to you, he starts speaking to you more so than the rest of the room. He goes around those who are actively listening and targets them. Why? Well because people like to think that other people are interested in what they're saying.

Nodding a lot is absolutely fine, as long as it doesn't get in the way of other things. Don't just nod even if you disagree with something the girl says. Or don't just nod absent mindedly whilst your eyes glaze over because you really couldn't care less. But if you're actively listening and nodding as she speaks, she'll think you're far more interesting to talk to than someone who sits there showing no signs of absorbing what she's saying.

As for the kino escalation, start small and basically, just grab your balls and go for it. For guys like you - and me - it's weird at first. I can remember the first time I consciously tried to kino; playing pool with a girl, thought I'd help her with the shot, moved in behind her, one hand on her hip, the other on the (pool) cue, so quite a bold first move really. Then I tried a high five after she potted a ball and I felt stupid even thinking about it, but she high fived me, we laughed in celebration a bit and then I realised actually this is a lot less awkward than it needs to be. It really is one of those things where you have to hold your breath and take the leap. Just start doing it and it very quickly becomes a lot more natural. Also - do it with everyone. Become a more touchy feely guy. Not overly so as that can become annoying, but pat guys on the back, lightly touch someone's arm when you're having a joke etc. It really does create a connection which you cannot do with words alone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:44 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks 7000, I hadn't considered it from that perspective. I think I'll try to vary my expressions so I'm not just nodding every five seconds, and substitute in like a smile or a facial expression to show that I'm listening mixed in with the nodding as detox suggested. As for the kino, I'll try just going for it and putting myself into a dance floor mind set so I don't feel awkward about it. Thanks for the advice guys