"The Gaze"

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: "The Gaze"
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:27 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey fellas,

Looking for some advice.

I often find myself in a social situation where a girl I barely know will stare at me (from a afar, or is sitting opposite in a group conversation) for a good five to ten seconds, and I am not sure what should be my action in such situations. I presumed it was attraction, but its a kind of 'lost in thought' stare. This has happened to me so many times now, from a lot of girls, but I find it's common with the more attractive girls. Usually I just dismiss it, and the girl usually realizes and grabs her drink or something. I've been thinking of a few things I could do -

a) Smile and make a point of it (I am too nervous to do this, I feel creepy/might weird them out)
b) Talk to them then and there (feels too forward)
c) Dismiss it, but talk to them later in the night (but the opportunity may have gone - she may have me figured out and the mystery fades)
d) Forget about it (I'm making too much out of nothing)
e) Or something else you guys can suggest!

I'm just a semi-good looking dude, who doesn't go hard for girls like my friends do, but I would like to go out with a girl who is out of my league for once haha. I feel this is the place to start because I know this is going to happen again.

Post subject: Re: "The Gaze"
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:02 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Smiling is optional- depending on the kind of vibe you're getting. Here is a video by the wingirl Marni regarding smiles - basically telling you that you should keep the smile subtle instead of cheesy. ((the message board says my post looks to spammy for a new user, so just look up: Marni wingirl smiling on youtube))

Now after this, my thought would be to approach her - somewhere between 1 and 5 minutes after the stare - and especially if she keeps shooting you glances). Less than 1 minute is a bit premature and it may make you look over-eager. I think if you're really feeling the vibe you should go direct with her - tell her she looks nice, etc - rather than an indirect or gimmicky opener and whatever you do don't offer to buy her a drink right off the bat - every other guy approaching her will do so.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:05 pm 
The Coach

Stick your tongue out at her and smile back. Works wonders. Or give her the finger then smile. Get a reaction out of her. Break the trance. Then go open her and put her back into a trance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:06 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I had the same question one time I got out and a girl was looking at me every time I turned my head towards her side. I asked a female friend(we have been coaching each other for quite a while) and she told me it doesn't mean anything by itself- not that you cannot go and talk to her if you have the confidence to do so, you just don't have to take it as an IOI by her side. She told me "it may just happen because you're standing in front of her-that's not something to consider". I observed the way I look at people and I have a strong tendency to concentrate on "targets" but I'm not sure women are doing the same.

I would be curious though to see what other more advanced guys think/know. Another time I caught a very beautiful woman was looking at me every time I turned my head towards her company. We were 3-4 meters away from one another. I chickened out to go and say something direct(she had a short haircut which made a wonderful pair of green eyes shine and it was very easy to give a genuine compliment) and I am still slamming my head on the wall for this. One time even her body was turned slightly to me/away from her group but wasn't sure how to evaluate all these signs.

I hope someone responds to you, I'm curious!

EDIT> good, before I finished my post two answers already!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:13 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Stick your tongue out at her and smile back. Works wonders. Or give her the finger then smile. Get a reaction out of her. Break the trance. Then go open her and put her back into a trance.
oooh, I like this

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:17 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Holding the gaze,walk upto her and simply say you cant just look at me and not talk,with a confident smile...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:51 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
oooh, I like this
I second that, definitely something to try.