Footwear!

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: Footwear!
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:09 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yo guys. I like to dress like a bit of a rockstar. It's a slight peacock thing and it suits my personality. Only thing is, I like to dress casual too. My shoe collection mostly consists of trainers/skate shoes. Comfortable though they may be, I think I need to upgrade my footwear to complete the rockstar look. I was thinking about buying a pair of these.

I love wearing my worn-look dark-ish brown leather jacket so logic says to get dark brown boots, but I think black could work and is more practical. What do you guys think? Black boots and brown leather jacket a no-go?

Also, please share your footwear of choice :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Leather- ... 20d0a46876

or these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Cowboy-W ... 19d22b0247

or these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Redtape- ... 416daae78b

You are.

Post subject: Re: Footwear!
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:09 pm 
Dedicated Member

Brown leather jacket I would wear brown leather shoes. Especially as they're both leather - black and brown wouldn't look great. I don't like the ones in the second picture. The top or bottom picture would be more to do with personal taste - either looks pretty good to me. My personal favourite is the top picture, in the colour of the bottom left boot in that picture. But any in the top of bottom picture would look nice in that rock star type look.

Asking for other people to share their footwear of choice is rather pointless as we all wear stuff that goes with our own style. Having said that, a nice desert boot goes well with pretty much anything. Brown rather than black is usually more versatile, but again that is a very wide generalisation based on what most people wear - blue jeans. Brown tends to go better with blue jeans than black. But if you're into the rock star style and wear a lot of black skinny jean type look, or even brighter coloured trousers or chinos, then you would probably be better off with black rather than brown. (Brown with, say, a bright red pair of chinos would look terrible, whilst black with bright red chinos would look pretty good.)

I'm a bit of a shoe fiend because they can really take a decent outfit to the next level - I often buy a style of shoe I like in both black and brown in order to wear with different things. Similarly, I often buy shoes specifically to go with a certain outfit/combination of outfits - because it's rare that one shoe can go with everything due to colour clashes and the style of jean/chino/whatever I'm wearing on my legs. But if you can only afford to get one pair at the moment, then try to match it with what the majority of your clothes are like in your wardrobe at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:06 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

When I have the money I will be doing a similar thing! I reckon actual rockstars do it too haha simply cuz they can :P

I was curious to see what other guys here wear, on the off chance someone would share an epic piece of footwear I may not have even heard of.

I reckon I'll go for the top pair. Thanks for the advice dude :)

You are.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:05 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
When I have the money I will be doing a similar thing! I reckon actual rockstars do it too haha simply cuz they can :P

I was curious to see what other guys here wear, on the off chance someone would share an epic piece of footwear I may not have even heard of.

I reckon I'll go for the top pair. Thanks for the advice dude :)
If I had the money of an actual rockstar, I think I'd spend most of my time clothes and shoe shopping! Does that make me a woman? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:14 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Haha yep, you and me both mate ;)

You are.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:27 am 
New to MPUA Forum

My boots:
http://www.amazon.com/Leather-SIZING-Co ... +boots+men

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:30 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Nice boots
But remember to keep them clean, almost no guy will polish there shoes. Girls will notice.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:00 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

wtf boys? u guys r srsly gon wear those goofy ass boots? i mean like ye im only 18 but i rep some nike air force 1's (white/black/orange), black jeans, white and light grey tshirts(XL's and im 5'9"), a black n red snapback, a teal blue watch and a plan b bag (teal blue/white/orange).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:05 pm 
The Coach

www.aldoshoes.com

Those are only $100 a pair and they look SUBSTANTIAL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:59 am 
New to MPUA Forum

This footwear are too cool,I liked it wanted to buy for my boyfriend.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:21 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I also like these collection of footwear.If you want more collection of shoes you can contact to Greensfootwear.Highly qualified and skilled engineers of this company care for every customer therefore they create nice shoes with different shapes, design and size.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:49 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Not only shoes, but also the mark lesley flower girl dresses

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:20 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I got myself a pair of completely gold sneakers. Jay-Z is actually wearing those in the music video of Rihannas "Umbrella".
The reactions are quite different. Many guys say "OMG those shoes are gay as fuck! How can you like that girly gold shit?" But most girls actually go crazy about these shoes and ask me where i got them and so on...
When a somebody tells me "You´re gay as fuck for wearing gold shoes" im like "Listen man...Jay-Z is wearing these shoes as well. Is he gay now? He has one of the hottest woman on the planet how can he be gay then. How can i be gay then?"
Hahaha...Its not easy being different sometimes...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:49 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Hahaha...Its not easy being different sometimes...
Personally, I'm not a big fan of very flashy pieces, but they do work in certain circles.

Anyway, years ago, when I was just starting out, I remember one of the then advanced guys writing something along the lines:

"I carefully wash, condition and care for my hair and guys call me gay,
I workout and take care of my body and guys call me gay,
I know my colognes and smell well and guys call me gay,
I have fashion sense and wear great pieces of clothing and guys call me gay.
But then they go home alone and masturbate, in the meanwhile I fuck beautiful women. So who's gay now?"

(not exact quote, but the idea really stuck with ever since)

Other guys will often hate and try to put you down, especially when you stand out and raise your sexual market value. But there's really no good reason to get defensive or try to justify your actions, as long as you know it will give you results you want.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:29 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Funny thing is a rockstar doesn't give a F*&K about anyone and wear whatever the hell he wants.

But, in regards to your question, I tend to go with Black shoes and a Black Leather Jacket, it just looks cooler.

It also depends on the type of jacket you got, if there's brown in it you can go with brown boots.

PS Those boots are pretty kick ass!!!