Glasses or baggy eyes

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: Glasses or baggy eyes
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:20 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

First week actually in the community rather than an outside semi natural with flaking problems so my 4th post today.

I wear glasses and contacts but I have insomnia so I have full bags under my eyes, should I wear glasses that hide them or go with the look?

It is one of my self esteem issue, I'm overweight but joke about it as an opener "So I was trying on this size 6 and...."

Do my glasses have to match my clothes?

Sherlock

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:49 am 
The Coach

Quote:
First week actually in the community rather than an outside semi natural with flaking problems so my 4th post today.

I wear glasses and contacts but I have insomnia so I have full bags under my eyes, should I wear glasses that hide them or go with the look?

It is one of my self esteem issue, I'm overweight but joke about it as an opener "So I was trying on this size 6 and...."

Do my glasses have to match my clothes?

Sherlock
Fuckin.... sleep lol girls need to see your eyes dude. Get some sleeping pills....

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Don't resort to sleeping pills just yet, they can cause serious addiction problems. You say you're overweight, so work out, melts your fat away and you'll sleep like a baby. As for the glasses, hard to say without seeing you, ask friends (preferably women) for advice.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:18 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I'm young (28 but I look about 20) and tan so I sometimes use a bit of liquid foundation under my eyes and then powder on top. Mystery uses concealer so at least I know I'm not the only fag who uses makeup. But then I don't have bags, they are kinda dark circles which come and go depending on how much sleep I get. I also wear smudged black eyeliner sometimes.

How old are you? If you have deep-set wrinkles around your eyes you might want to think about moisturising your crow's feet and perhaps even lift surgery if it's that bad (assuming you can afford it) because makeup will look bad if the wrinkles are deep. Failing that, I recommend tiring yourself out physically during the day so that you are exhausted by the time you go to bed. Also quit coffee / energy drinks / Cola for at least a week and drink pure green tea instead to detox your body. Caffeine and sugar will keep you awake so going cold turkey will help remind your body of its natural day/night cycles. And quit alcohol for a while too (assuming you drink) as it can also adversely affect your sleep.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:33 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm young (28 but I look about 20) and tan so I sometimes use a bit of liquid foundation under my eyes and then powder on top. Mystery uses concealer so at least I know I'm not the only fag who uses makeup. But then I don't have bags, they are kinda dark circles which come and go depending on how much sleep I get. I also wear smudged black eyeliner sometimes.

How old are you? If you have deep-set wrinkles around your eyes you might want to think about moisturising your crow's feet and perhaps even lift surgery if it's that bad (assuming you can afford it) because makeup will look bad if the wrinkles are deep. Failing that, I recommend tiring yourself out physically during the day so that you are exhausted by the time you go to bed. Also quit coffee / energy drinks / Cola for at least a week and drink pure green tea instead to detox your body. Caffeine and sugar will keep you awake so going cold turkey will help remind your body of its natural day/night cycles. And quit alcohol for a while too (assuming you drink) as it can also adversely affect your sleep.
20 but I look a little younger. My eyes look bruised and slightly veiny from a lack of sleep. Talking of Mystery I also have a high tolerance for medication, like he does according to Style, so sleeping pills don't work well. I have been a green tea addict since 16 and I don't like coffee that much. My problem isn't sleeping at the right time, I just can't manage more than a few hours unless I tire myself out and take sleeping pills. During the day I take prescribed nootropics such as modafinil to focus but they keep me awake.

My only true concern is getting rid of the circles.

I will try not drinking for a few weeks and post the results, it sounds like it may be a good idea.

Sherlock

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:15 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Remember that green tea still has some caffeine in it, just much much less than coffee. Don't abuse it. A few cups a day is fine.

Alcohol will make your sleep very restless, so definitely a good idea to quit for a while.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:09 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
During the day I take prescribed nootropics such as modafinil to focus but they keep me awake.
You complain about lack of sleep while you take a variety of drugs that keep you awake? I would take a good look at what medicines you're taking and why, and at the possible interactions between them.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:59 pm 
Dedicated Member

Firstly, are you sure the bags are because you're tired? Some people just have dark rings around their eyes due to the shapes of their skull and the shadowing that causes, as well as the pigmentation in their skin and often the thickness of the skin around the eyes making that area look dark. With you mentioning veins this could be the issue.

If it is sleep related, then you should speak to your doctor about changing what you're on during the day to something which will have a similar effect but allow you to sleep, and also about getting into a daily routine and eating and drinking the right stuff to allow you to sleep more.

Things like using cucumbers on your eyes, or putting a cold tea spoon on the bags in the morning can have some effect, but they mostly help if you've only got a bit of a bag under your eye or some slight puffiness due to lack of sleep or stress for a shortened period of time. If the bags are pretty bad, as yours sound to be, then these sorts of home remedies may only have a tiny effect. Ultimately, they can help reduce the symptoms which is enough if the symptoms aren't much in the first place. They don't solve the problem though and if the symptoms are fairly bad, they can only do so much.

Finally, and more immediately, cover up foundation or concealer is more than acceptable. I often wear it for nights out and the like on bags under my eyes. It might be worth asking a female friend/relative to help you pick out one which will not be obvious that you're wearing it and will go well with your skin tone. I can't really help you with that - I just got my Mum to help me when I was 14 and used foundation to cover up my spots on special occasions and have continued with the same brand for my eye bags ever since!

Most importantly though, get to your doctor or dermatologist and see if you can get the underlying cause of the problem sorted rather than trying to treat the symptoms.