Help me with my look

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: Help me with my look
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Simply put I'm a Rivithead. this look turns heads and I do get approached, but that being said there is allways room for improvement. comments and criticisms are welcome.

Attachments:
IMAG0110.jpg
IMAG0110.jpg [ 15.13 KiB | Viewed 8688 times ]

Post subject: Re: Help me with my look
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:45 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Im not the best at this, but you have shaved hair at the sides and long hair at back?

Shave it all.

And i think that tiny beard dont look so good, but i dont know, maybe thats the stetic of Rivithead.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:17 am 
Dedicated Member

The thing is, when you identify yourself in a group such as "I am a rivithead" or whatever, the fashion is sort of part of that identity. So it's hard to try and "style" it up much, because well, for instance, you probably aren't going to be wearing certain clothing combinations and stuff like that.

But things such as fit are always important, whatever style of clothes you are wearing. The pants look a little baggy, especially as they are tucked into some fairly tight boots; so it makes your thighs look out of proportion with your calves.

I'm generally not a massive fan of short sleeve shirts, but the arm tat is good to show off, just maybe get a top where the sleeves are less baggy as well. I'm not talking skin tight here, as unless you've got massive muscles, a skin tight top just looks try hard and, well, like you're wearing clothes that don't fit! But something slightly more fitted around the sleeves would be better.

As for the rest, assuming you're staying in the general style of the clothes you're wearing in that photo, I think there is just something missing. I suppose the tat can act as a peacock, but I'd like to see a necklace or a brighter and more prominent flash of red or something like that, just to bring a bit more interest into the outfit. Basically, accessorise! Don't go overboard, but a couple of items could just vamp up the whole look.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

You dont have to shave it all off man. This is real talk, even David D recommended it (not that he is mr know it all, but its good advice I took and it helps). GET A TAN! If you dont want to use tanning beds thats fine bro, just hang around outside for a few hours at a pool like 3 days a week.

Its a good place to meet women anyway, and once you have a tan going on you are much more approachable. Makes you look like you are out and about much more vs being an inside hermit.

I think with a tan, and some contacts you would look like a new man. That and some nice straight pants, and a button up shirt. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND these pants. They are versatile, semi stretchy and fit almost anyone. Even me and I got some weirdly bigass thighs.

Apparently I cannot share links or something, so just search amazon for
"RSQ New York Mens Slim Straight Chino Pants"

They can be worn saggy or at the waist and look great both ways. Thats all I got. TAN! CONTACTS! THOSE PANTS!

If you take my advice, post a followup picture bro. I bet youll get some great feedback!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:55 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Trade the baggy shirt for a blouse. It doesn't have to be a formal one, but mix your Rivithead style with a more casual style to show off versatility. Currently you could be easily categorized, mixing styles makes you interesting for more different girls. The same goes for a jacket. You could pick something with shoulderpads. Your current shirt covers a large part of your neck. A jacket lays flat on your shoulders, making them appear wider and more straight. You have a big neck which is masculine, show it off. I am in favor of keeping the hair though. It seperates you and probably shows part of who you are.

For a shirt, pick a different color, such as this one or this one ('somewhat lighter than army green') which suits your skin tone better. Black doesnt suit your skin tone. You can keep the pants and such, but use better suitable colors closer to your face. Get tighter sleeves that are either longer (3/4 lenght) or when it's a shirt, shorter (1/4 of your arms' lenght)

You could also get some stuff that is easy to ask questions about besides the tattoo, such as some sort of jewellery, wrist bands of festivals or something else reflecting what you like.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:21 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Im not really sure what rivethead means, but to me it looks like a sub-culture of the metal scene. So im assuming you'd be trying to pickup girls within the same kind of dress style. I sometimes play in a death metal band, and my look on stage is similar to this, however, I wear combat trousers, and just normal army boots, (pretty similar to cannibal corpse).

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:51 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I know know nothing about "rivetheads" but can say if thats your subculture cool. Maybe toss some silver into the all black look. Like a belt with a silver buckle or something. or maybe a necklace, not dog tags though, and nothing too "blingy."

Knowing nothing about your interest in this though my honest first reaction would not be pleasant. being ex military i would see you as a complete poser doing it wrong.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:12 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

As for the shirt, I know something pretty cool that you should do. Get a long sleeved shirt and fold your sleeves in such a manner that you show a very small part of your bicep. That's also gonna show your tattoo well.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:54 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

My only advice involves the shirt. Right now, the shirt is wearing you, rather than you wearing the shirt. Get a slightly smaller, better fitting shirt. Also, work on being subtly different. For example, if everyone is wearing black, wear a metal watch (silver or gold color). Stand out, but don't "peacock."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:30 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I think the most important question here is what kind of girl are you looking to attract, do you want another girl in your subculture or do you want to be able to go in a club and pick up that hot blonde in a red dress?? Honestly, i feel like you should be holding a samurai sword in your pic....lol. If you're only looking to meet girls in your subculture then i think we can work with you but if you want to meet hot girls in general that aren't emo or rivitheads or whatever then oh boy, im talkin scorched earth extreme makeover edition.... You have that trenchcoat mafia /mall ninja look goin for ya that i think would be an instant turn off to 99% of women...basically you look intimidating and unapproachable to women outside your subculture....

So, in order for else to truly help you, you looking to meet subculture chicks or normal girls?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:11 am 
New to MPUA Forum

You should grow out your hair slim down a tad more and wear vertical stipe dress shirt unbutton two buttons wear dress pants or black jeans with a chian try to get a ttan shape the beard to a soulpach
Possibly die your hair roll the sleeves up half way enough to see tat wear boots with a sharper point to them try to get darker hair one the fits more towards your skin tone wear a few rings a hat such as a coyboy hat or something of the source for peacocking tweeze eyebrows a tad more narrow and possibly snakebite piercings to macth the rest of the style

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:51 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

As someone who hangs out at the goth/industrial clubs and knows quite a lot about the subculture my only complaint is the trousers. I know other people do but it always looks shit to me, don't wear such baggy trousers if you're tucking them into your boots, baggy trousers out, tighter trousers in always looks a hundred times better to me.

Also, the black/black is "proper goff init?" but you need to break it up a little. A simple chunky necklace worn over the top would break up the black shirt and fit the rivithead aesthetic. Alternatively, a shirt with a bit of styling on it does wonders. Dead Threads make a few nice ones, like this: http://drquhzha334yp.cloudfront.net/ass ... scale=both

I guess it might be helpful to share my experiences of going to "normal" clubs dressed cyber/goth/visual kei (my preferred styles, I don't really do rivit as I find it a little bland). A few things to note. Although admittedly, my style is quite a lot less subtle than yours:

At least around here, a lot of places won't let me in wearing new rocks so I try to wear semi sensible boots.

I get approached fairly regularly just for looking different. I have an awesome knee length red/black coat that everyone says "Makes me look like Dante" and I get girls commenting on it pretty much every time I'm out but I have to be careful where I wear it.

However, as with any fashion advice, don't wear something because you hope it will attract girls. Wear it because you like it and think it's cool. Be your own person. It's fashion "tips" in places like this that get widely adopted that causes every guy in every club to look identical. I look around normal clubs in despair seeing every other guy wearing a check shirt, jeans, shoes. No wonder girls come over to me, every single other guy is a clone.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:31 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Id suggest getting a shiny belt and maby some chains hanging down from it to go with your current look. I did a quick google arround and i saw some realy shinny metalish things on some pics that pretty much draw attention to them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:41 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Surprised no one's mentioned this, so dont take this the wrong way. hit the gym brah! get some muscle tone in there and a decent tan, buy a Vneck top and some straight cut jeans and a dess jacket with some dress shoes, and you're in business!