I need fashion/ Style advice

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:33 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey guys.I have come to realize that I have no sense of style. For a long time I have been a typical jeans and t-shirt type of a guy but I want to add some style to my wardrobe. My personal style is kind of all over the map as well. I play guitar and I have been playing for about 10 years or so and physically I have a pretty wild hairstyle so I have that side of my personality, and on the other side I have a very deep southern accent and I have that going for me also. So I have the southern thing that people seem to like to poke fun at me with, and on the flip side some of my friends think that I am a Jersey Shore reject ( because of the hair )

I can obviously just go shopping and pick out things that I like but I have been doing that for decades and I want to go outside of my comfort zone and be open to new things. I want to hear some fashion advice from some of you guys within the pua community.

What would be some good wardrobe ideas that you guys think would fit my look?

I am including a pic to give a further idea of what I physically look like. ..

What kind of wardrobe do you guys think that I can pull off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:52 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

What about an ear piercing. Just a stab in the dark. The jeans and t-shirt style is pretty good. If you feel comfortable and look comfortable women will feel comfortable around you. One time I went out with a suit and tie on thinking I would have crazy success. Nope. It was like the twilight zone. Women wouldn't even look at me. Either it was too far outside their reality to get a guy in a suit or it looked unnatural, try hard. I know I looked good.

With you I suggested the ear piercing because of the contrast. You have a plain, scruffy kind of look. Nothing wrong with that. But one item of bling maybe a diamond would stand out a lot. It's up to you though. What makes you feel good about yourself is more important than what strangers on the internet think. You have a sense of identity and anything contradicting that will seem unnatural.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:04 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Yeah the " scruffyness " is probably because that was actually a progress shot of no shave November. :lol:

As far as the earring idea, I am unsure if I can pull that off. Would both ears be better than just one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:49 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Really it's up to you.

Think about it this way.
If you're getting the piercing because you agree it would look good. If you think it will give you the confidence to allow your personality to shine through then it's a good idea because women will respond to that.

If you are getting it because it just happens to be my opinion that it might suit you and you are in the habit of getting your opinions from other people, women will respond negatively.

I personally have messy hair and a beard at most times. I throw a baseball cap on and I am good to go. I have tattoo's and think I look good in a bad boy type of way but a lot of women tell me to cut my hair, shave ect. I don't. Because what I have to offer has nothing to do with the way I look. I find it doesn't matter so long as you don't look horrible.

Just like a hot girl rolling in mud is still hot. An attractive male is attractive regardless of what he is wearing.

One or both is fine. I suggested the ear piercing because in the photo your head is slightly turned and your ear is exposed.

Another thing you could do is ask the opinion of women. It's a good opener.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:50 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Well , I would trim your hair so its all the same size more or less.
Because you have a little long piece spiked now and that just doesnt go.

And yeah seeing as you dont really know much about how to dress id play it safe.
Plain black shirts with a cute jeans blouse over it.

Let me tell you a few things that you musnt do ever :

no cheapo fake tacky belts.
No Ed Hardy.
no light pants... always go for darkish jeans and dont let them have weird fades on the back or the front. the can be ripped though but not too much.
Dont wear Nikes.

Seeing as your dressed simple , you can have shoes to be the thing that draws the attention,,,,

Oh and a dark blue sweater would look good on you

but it all depends on what type of girl you want to attract generally .. if you want a jersey shore type of girl, then do wear Ed Hardy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:47 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
No Ed Hardy.
no light pants... always go for darkish jeans and dont let them have weird fades on the back or the front.

Dont wear Nikes.
You're killing me man. What's wrong with faded jeans or khakis and what's wrong with Nikes?

I don't wear Ed Hardy but what's wrong with styled T-shirts... my ex bought me a bunch because she wanted to dress me the way she liked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:27 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
You're killing me man. What's wrong with faded jeans or khakis and what's wrong with Nikes?
When you go for faded jeans they will usually look trashy , and if you dont really have style it becomes mission impossible to find the ones that are nice.
Also they will accentuate your legs and make you look fatter.
And light jeans are more for during summer...

There is nothing wrong with chinos. When they dont have the fit of your teacher. They need to be baggy and fit tight around the legs though :)

And nikes - are immature and the colors are difficult to combine, make the outfit too sporty and trashy people wear it.

Do not forget , I do not know what type of person you are and thus what suits you but these are just general donts.

There is nothing wrong with styled tshirts nor is there with some Ed Hardy stuff, but again if you dont really have taste picking the right item it is a mission impossible. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:34 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

1) Look out for the guy who's picking up the girls that you want
2) Find someone famous who has similar fashion
3) Copy the style

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:50 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
Do not forget , I do not know what type of person you are and thus what suits you but these are just general donts.
Ok, I see what you are saying. You're talking about tackiness, being emo, guido ect. lol. Glad I'm fine.

To the op. I don't think you should cut your hair. You already stated it was part of your personality. Don't get too caught up in looks. Believe it or not women are more interested in how you make them feel than the way you look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:48 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Since you mentioned you play guitar and have a "Southern" look going, why not pick up some nice Flannel button downs. Form fitting, not loose.

Straight leg jeans are great because they're not too tight and not too baggy. work well on most body types.

As far shoes, basic Converses seem to be right up your alley if you just have a laid back look.

I agree that your hair needs to be trimmed up. that long spike is a bit strange in my opinion.

I disagree that light jeans can't be pulled off. If you wear a bright flannel or colorful t-shirt, lighter jeans work pretty well.

Hope that helps!

- Stylite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:26 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

This isn't me. This is my basic style. Scruffy, t-shirt and jeans. base ball cap and a necklace. Converse shoes, DC, Airwalk. Actually, with the shoes... if you are dressed nice and you want women to look you up and down. Wear bright colored shoes or laces that attract attention. I don't know about the flanel but hey justin beiber and timberlake both pull it off.

You can't go wrong with a big comfortable looking hoody. Women will take it and wear it. If it smells good, they'll get turned on by it. Nothing like seeing a girl wearing your clothes lounging around your house making herself at home. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:33 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Also, i recommend this to all guys, wear a watch.

Wearing a watch makes you look more mature and important. It doesn't even have to be a $10,000 Rolex, but just something nice that fits your style. Example, for the guys' styles in this thread (you guys seem to be the 'grungy' rock guys) Wear a watch with a leather cuff or something.

For a more "metro-ish" look wear a G-Shock or something on a chain.

Accessorize in general. Bracelets, chains, rings, whatever. Look at Johnny Depp.

-Stylite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:43 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

lol seems I'm just following Stylite around agreeing with what he said but ya, everything else we have said is a matter of taste and interpretation, the watch IS A MUST. Come to think of it, I'm going to dig out my old watches and buy some batteries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:52 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I think you kinda look like Ian Thornley. Maybe have a look at his style and see what you can pull off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:35 am 
New to MPUA Forum

If you are gonna go with the jeans and t-shirt look, then go to stores that are well known for making good jeans. I'd recommend Diesel or Guess for you. Pick out cool tees and wear slim-fitting jeans. As far as shoes go, wear some nice sneakers. Lacoste, Gucci, Diesel, you get the picture. Just make sure the kicks match with the rest of your ensemble. You'll be fine as long as you feel like you look good.