How the average PUA record in-field videos

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Technical Issues & Suggestions

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:12 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Yahoo Messenger: jomo_loc@yahoo.com
This is sort of a "how to" of shooting hidden-cam videos.

I get tons of e-mail from students of the Game, who are curious to know how I, or any other PUA for that matter, record in-field videos.

Everything from:

"How do you get away with it"?

"Have you ever gotten caught"?

"What technical devices do you use"?

It's actually not that technical and pretty inexpensive.

It requires balls and social awareness more than actual technical gadgets.

Pretty much anyone who owns a cellphone which has a camera and video-recording capability, is already 90% there to recording.

There are tons of video-recording apps which facilitate the process.

Ethics of secretly recording women

I get asked this at times (by chicks also):

"Don't you think it's wrong to record what you do"?

The simple answer is NO!

I am however mindful of what I record. Meaning, if the chick is someone of importance, high status, etc., I would probably reconsider posting the video if it means jeopardizing her rep or social status.

Lately though, I decided to blur the faces of some of the girls I record.

Apart from that; it's fair fucking game! No hindrance of ethics there.

"How do you manage to pull it off without getting caught"?

I never said I don't get caught!

Well I don't actually. But I do get curious questions thrown at me while in field recording.

Some girls would say to me:

"Why do you have your phone in your hands"?

"Why is your phone camera pointed towards me"?

"Why are you taking my picture"?

That's the closest it ever gets to being caught but I always manage to come up with some lame-ass excuse to wiggle my way out of it.

"What devices do you use to record"?

For the actual recording, I use 2 devices: my iPhone and Blackberry Curve.

Pros and Cons

What I hate about the iPhone is that it's so elongated (compared to the Blackberry), whenever I record with it, it always seems so conspicuous and obvious while trying to hold it the right way.

Now the Blackberry is smaller, more compact and enables me to record with a good grip of the phone where I don't have to worry about being too obvious.

With the iPhone, I can record longer duration sets without having to worry about space and memory as in the case of the BB, where my memory card virtually has no free space.

Another "con" with the iPhone is that if I'm in an open wifi hotspot zone, let's say an airport or public school, incoming notifications from Twitter or Facebook will automatically cause my recording app to suddenly crash.

So I always have to remind myself to either:

•Turn off all notifications

•Deactivate my wifi setting

•Or disable the Facebook/Twitter app while I record

I remember a while back recording near a college campus, chatting up a Jewish chick, and about 20 minutes in, the iPhone recording app suddenly crashed as a Facebook notification came in.

FUCK!!!

Another thing I love about recording with the Blackberry (opposed to the iPhone) is its sound quality.

With the BB, the sound recording is absolutely crisp and loud- even if the other person who's being recorded is standing about 15 yards away.

The iPhone however is full of donkey shit when it comes to video and audio quality!

The best contrasting thing about recording with the BB (apart from the crisp audio), is the video quality.

It's great for recording in low-lighting spots like a darkened bar or secluded area of a nightclub.

The fucking iPhone ain't worth shit when it comes to recording video in poor lighting or @ the bar!

Basically, since those are my 2 video-recording devices, and they both serve unique purposes, both having pros and cons...I almost always take both with me, then decide in a split second which to whip out to record with.

Other video recorders

Most guys who do in-field videos actually use digital cameras, like my buddies over at Saturday Sarge London.

I have a SONY digicam but I absolutely never used it- not even to take photos!

To me, it would seem extremely challenging to record with a digicam for the simple fact that the lens is so fucking big and visible, it'd created some logistical challenges.

I may give it a test run though.

Audio Recorder

My secret weapon for audio recording is a SONY voice recorder.

[Img]http://kennyspuathoughts.files.wordpres ... et.jpg[Img]

It works just like a wireless mic but in my view, it can be hidden better and literally kept in my pocket while I record with my phone.

Fellow PUA practitioner, Superman, has been field testing his Sony ICD Audio recorder http://www.thejourneyofsuperman.com/201 ... -tx50.html which is pretty neat by the way.

The thing I love about mines is that it records in .mp3 format, which means I won't have to use an audio conversion software in order to convert the audio to .mp3 (since it records in mp3 by default).

Putting it all together

This is where the technical shit comes in like: mixing, blending, merging, splicing and editing.

I mean, shooting the video and simply uploading it to Youtube via mobile app is pretty straightforward, but it leaves for a bland-finished product.

In the case of a wireless mic or voice recorder (mp3 format) being used, those files cannot be uploaded directly to Youtube, so this is where technical work is required.

A computer would be needed, an audio-editing software (converting), video-editing software needed, transferal of the audio files, converting the audio to mp3 format, trimming the audio, merging and blending the audio to precisely match the video's speed, converting the finished product into an mp4 or .wmv/.wma format...and then upload to Youtube.

Stealth Stealth Stealth!

As eluded to @ the top of the post, being stealthy is the most important factor to recording your sets (as I demonstrated in the video below).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-h8iVuZLjk[/youtube]]

Having the know-how won't cut it if you cannot do it.

Just as having all the skills in the world with women won't do you any good if you cannot or don't put it in action.

Everyone has a video-recording device, but not everyone is stealthy enough to not get caught recording.

Couple this with the anxiety factor guys may feel, and it's double fucking trouble!

"Why did you start recording hidden videos in the first place"?

When I first started my blog journey, recording videos in order to display aspects of game wasn't even in the cards for me.

It was sort of like that light-bulb flicking on kind of moment: "Aha; why didn't I ever think of that"!!!?

Since that moment, it was the beginning of me hitting the field to document my sets live on camera.

"How often do you record, and when do you record"?

If I can go undercover to record everyday- I would! But it's more of logistics than anything else.

I obviously always have my recording devices on me (cellphones), so it's just a matter of hitting the record button...at the right time.

But if there's nothing to record, i.e. no hot girls in sight, then I'm left to not record. So it really boils down to the availability of hot chicks.

If there's no hot chicks roaming the town during my designated-sarge hours; I won't record.

"What is the main challenge with recording videos of you picking up HB's"?

Inability to KINO correctly, and less physical contact.

The biggest drawback to recording your own videos is your inability to really go KINO and escalate on girls.

For instance, there are many times that I wanted to full blown make out with girls I'm filming, but the fact that I have a camera (phone) in 1 hand and trying to keep it focused and steady, I'm unable to make that move (to kiss her) since it wouldn't be captured.

I'm usually very touchy-feely and always looking to hug the girls I chat up, but it's quite difficult to balance that while trying to balance the camera to catch the shot.

The crazy thing is, whenever I'm not recording my sets, I'm able to go full-blown hardcore seduction on the target since I have no hidden camera to be mindful of.

Therefore, when you see me in set (on video), it's more like a subdued version of Socialkenny since I don't have 2 free hands to really demo.

"Wouldn't having a designated wingman to record while you pick up be a tremendous benefit"?

Of course!!!

The only problem with that is that I hate wingmen, and I'm a staunch advocate of sarging solo and going out solo.

However, when I first started recording videos, I did have a wingman to record my sets, but his inability to do so was fucking terrible!

As displayed in the following video, I'd picked up a Toronto girl in which the cameraman was supposed to record, but instead, he wasn't on point, and ended up recording virtually the audio only.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O2_apnl4TA[/youtube]

So the plan originally was to have someone record while I game hardcore, but that fell through because of the initial fuck up.

In Closing: "Why record videos in the first place"?

It's a bit of:

•Egotism

•Narcissism

•Adventurism

•Education

I fit in the "Adventure and Education" brackets.

When I first started, is was just to follow the trend as other game bloggers were doing it. Then it blossomed into something else.

"What's coming next as far as in-field videos"?

I'd recently recorded a plethora of hidden-camera videos which I have stored on my cellphones and Youtube channel.

They'll be nicely edited, trimmed and sliced in a tutorial format where I'd use voice over to narrate what's taking place in the interaction.

Check out the latest video for an example of what I mean.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3RBmY4Lsyw[/youtube]

Subscribe to my Youtube video channel to watch more videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Socialkenny/

And remember to check out my PUA blog

http://kennyspuathoughts.com/

Now active on YT again with PUA, Red Pill, Manosphere content:
https://youtu.be/tj5rnL_qKfM