Signature links? Forum rules aren't clear.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Technical Issues & Suggestions

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Can we put a url in our signature at the end of posts?

The forum rules say no advertising without permission but I figure that means "hey all this week free condoms with an order before blah blah blah at my website which is.." type of thing.

I see some signature urls but am not sure if they are breaking the rules with them, have been given permission on them, or only direct big scale advertising isn't allowed.

Gun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:22 pm 

hey gun,

putting a link to your products/services in your sig is fine, it's making blatant posts about CHECK OUT MY LINK, that are curbed

things like a post on blah blah, here is a link, check out my blog etc.
or PM me for details on XYZ bootcamp!
or I am in BLAH BLAH, doing training, contact me @XYZ
or the marketing you have suggested in this post (free condoms! [link])

^ this sort of advertising is ok if you have permission from the site owner, who can be reached at brad@pick-up-artist-forum.com but without permission we will usually send a pm and ask it to be dis-continued (if you are a regular poster, if random troll = banned), as well as edit the post (assuming we see it to begin with)

if you just provide some cool posts, and people happen to check your sig because they love your useful information, that's fine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:24 am 

The Forum Rules have now been updated to be more specific with the advertising/marketing stuff.
Quote:
7. No advertising without explicit permission from the site owner.
You can place links to your site in your forum signature, but you are not permitted to use forum posts to advertise anything. This also applies to affiliate links. Also, repeatedly posting valueless messages like "hi" and "I agree" just to get people to see your signature link can result in a ban. Email brad@pick-up-artist-forum.com for permission to advertise something. Moderators are permitted to advertise.
It's pretty much the same thing pumpington said.