Article - A call to Action for Success in Game

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:39 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

This is from one of my newsletters - since it does have a slight sales pitch toward the end, I'm just sticking it here in the commercial reviews section. However - I think there's some good shit in it you may find useful.
JD

I’m going to guess that you are reading this newsletter because you want to change your dating life – or your confidence – or you luck with women.

We all want to make ourselves better. At a lot of things – and mostly with this game of life. Which, of course, includes our happiness and women.

A lot of us were – or are – unhappy with SOME part of our life. And those that I work with – and who read my newsletter – are looking for help and change in that “women and dating” area of our lives.

So many of us want to change so badly that we’ll believe almost anything that seems to hold the key to our happiness. And the quicker we can obtain that happiness – the better. We are a pleasure-seeking species, no doubt. We try to avoid pain and we always try to make things easier on ourselves.

When I consult men – they usually are surprised at how much “work” I ask them to do. I believe they come to me to looking for magic elixirs and quick fixes, and once we define their goal (which is some sort of change in their lives) they are stunned by how much they have to ACT.

And it doesn’t take long once I’ve started talking to them to find out that most of them aren’t very honest with themselves. They tell me what’s wrong with this girl, and that girl, and what the fuck is wrong with all women in general…and on and on.

But to affect real change in oneself - honesty is key.

Honesty with oneself, first and foremost. Acknowledging a problem, or any area of your life, you are not pleased with is absolutely the first step.

Just as with a car - you can't fix it unless you diagnose the problem. You gotta open the hood and take a good hard look around.

If you don't know what the problem is - anything you throw at the car to fix it is a waste of time and money. And the same goes for quick fixes and pick up lines, and all those pretender "PUA's" out there.

What we are doing at the Modern Male Lifestyle is not putting band-aids on open wounds.

We need to do some major surgery and get our hands dirty and fix this thing.

That is why I teach attitude first and foremost - lines and techniques are fine, but without the attitude nothing works. And all of my moves and techniques are designed to help you transform yourself – into that Alpha man.

A lot of my clients are young men.. That is good. When I was younger I didn't have a clue - at least they have a clue. And a direction. And a diagnosis. They know they want to change.

Most men will never admit it - but they don't see themselves as the problem. But if you look at it objectively - not having many friends isn't the people of the world's fault. Not having any girlfirends isn't the women's fault. Not getting laid is not the fault of anyone but you.

You are the common denominator in all your relationships - be it with friends, women, family, whatever.

So either EVERYBODY else is the problem, or it's you.

And I want to be careful with the use of the word problem - it's really only a situation. That is - some people could be in your exact same situation and be fine with it. You know – no problem.

Their priorities and goals and needs and wants may be different from yours. So to define something as a problem depends on YOUR perspective. Is it a problem - to YOU.
In your mind.

If you don't have many friends - why is that?

You can say a lot of things, but I'm going to say it's fear.

If you haven't had any girlfriends, or gotten laid, why is that?

Again - it is fear.

If you don't understand, then stick with me.

Making friends is something we supposedly learned in pre-school and so on. There is a modicum of social grace involved, but mostly it involves putting ourselves "out there".

Think of a little kid in a new situation - with a lot of other kids who are in a group. He is the outsider - or feels like it.

The other kids may see him as the outsider, too.

What keeps the kids from being friends?

The little kid stands there - all he has to do is approach the group and be a little friendly, and boom, he'd be in.

But both the group and the kid are stricken with fear. And the group doesn’t have to take any action – they have their friends already. It’s up to that scared little kid.

Fear of the unknown. Fear of rejection. Fear of who knows what.

Think about this - anyone that you ARE friends with, at one time they were a complete stranger to you. Somebody had to say hello. Somebody walked through the fear and made a move. They put themselves "out there".

It's understandable that a little kid would be hesitant to put himself "out there". He's a little kid.

And fear is a primal instinct. We can't shut it off - it's always there. And for good reason. But, fear is an emotion and a state for when we are in DANGER.

And as we have "evolved" we have very few reasons to fear anything these days. We don't fear wild animals every second of the day, we don't fear starving, we don't fear rivals attacking our village...that kind of thing. Our existence is pretty safe, by and large.

In fact - so few times in our lives to actually experience real fear - that we may not even know what it feels like.

What we DO feel most days is anxiety. And this anxiety gets MISINTERPRETED by us as fear. But we aren't really in any danger when we feel anxiety, now are we?

But that little kid feels it, and is afraid to say hello.

And if that little kid never gets over it - he will continue to go through his life with this fear. And few friends.

There is one important word that WIPES OUT any "fear" you may ever have. And that word is Action.

If you take the action - as in the little kid walking up the the group of kids - what happens?

One of two things.
Either the kid makes friends, or he doesn’t. That's it.

And the kid goes home - regardless of the outcome - realizing that he was unharmed by the interaction - and the ACTION.

The next time this situation come up - the kid is a little stronger. Smarter. and less afraid.

and so on.

If you've ever been afraid of something in the closet - the best way to overcome that fear is to go open the closet, right?

And if you truly are afraid - that takes courage to do.

And that is what courage is -

Courageous men are NOT those who feel no fear. Remember - they can't help it, it's an instinct.

No, courageous men are those that feel the fear and ACT in spite of it.

That is what courage is.

And you are going to need to be courageous, my man.

You are going to need to act.

Know this - everything that you will learn in my books and audios, and from talking to me, is stuff you CAN use.

But if you don't use it - it will do you no good.

Just KNOWING it doesn't help you any more than knowing about guitars is going to help you play if you don't pick one up.

So this is the challenge, my friend. This is your charge.

You are going to learn a lot of lines, techniques and mindset as you start to dive into my material - even just the few things you have. And you will have to make a decision to either use it - or not.

And that is where courage comes in.
Because admit it - there is a fear of action. I know, because I used to have it. And millions of men do!

What sets those apart who are successful in social situations - with women - are those who are willing to act regardless of the outcome. Regardless of this “fear”.

Because they - like I - know that they will either get the girl or not. And either way they will live to tell about it. And when they don't get the girl, they learn and become better - fast.

Because they do it all the time.

If you are a guy who doesn't approach many women - then that is who you are. You are what you act -
If you want to CHANGE THAT - then you have to CHANGE THAT.

and it is simple.

To become a guy who approaches a lot of women, you simply approach a lot of women.

Sound too easy? Sound oversimplified?

It’s not. Most men don’t even realize it. And with all of the mindset, moves and techniques you will learn in my detailed and effective audio programs, you will be well ahead of the game. Because most of the time – men are inactive due to lack of a plan. They don’t know what to say, what to do….

Teddy Roosevelt said when faced with a situation that requires you to act, the best thing you can do is take the right action.

The next best thing you can do is take SOME action.

The worst thing you can do is take no action at all.

And that’s where we can bridge the gap, my man. If you are in that “take no action” category, you need to start doing SOMETHING.

If you have been approaching with little success, then you just need move from taking SOME action to taking the right action.

And that’s what I teach.

But like I said – knowing the right action is not that same as taking the right action. I can teach it to you – you have to do it.

And you will get good, too!

Remember - you've gotten good at not approaching women by not approaching them.

Your word for this week is:
ACT!

And as always, remember, without action – your dreams are just a wish.

Coming Next Wednesday - the Alpha Life - Beyond Alpha Volume Two.

All the best,
JD