Mystery's NEW BOOK

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Post subject: Mystery's NEW BOOK
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:34 am 

It looks like Mystery and Style are ready to release their new book named:

The Pickup Artist: The New and Improved Art of Seduction

The author is Mystery, and I do have my doubts about how good it can be.

Lately the seduction community have been re-making the old ideas and selling them again and again to the new comers, so the real question is: Worth reading?

Mystery as a writer sucks... he is too methodical, he doesn't posses a lot of literal capacity to write a novel, but he can put his ideas in a paper. New stuff? It seems like a new remake of the same old ideas and theories... basic attraction switches, same model, new openers, but same old stuff... You need something better for this old PUA.

I have read a lot of stuff from the community, and not many things surprise me, and a new book from Mystery is the last thing I needed... After reading Magic Bullets, you can understand that anything coming from that side is going to be the same model, with a few new tricks.

It might be a great book for the new guys that came after seeing his VH1 show, but not for me.

I do wish, to find something in the book... but I'm not going to buy it. I'm looking foward to give a fair review, after reading the book...

But by judging the book from its cover, it looks like and old remake for a bunch of AFCs looking for a new text book to find the ultimate PU formula. Same old stuff...

We are in need for a new PUA that can give us what we need: A revolution of social dynamics, with different approaches.

Here is the description and the link to the book:
Amazon description:
Quote:
"The world’s greatest pickup artist is back! After the bestselling exposé The Game pulled back the curtain on Mystery and his culture of professional pickup artists, he became an international phenomenon. Unfortunately, while it’s no secret that Mystery’s ideas are wildly effective, women have started to catch on. They’ve seen the show and heard the routines—so now it’s time for the next level of game! With techniques honed over fifteen years of trial, error, and ultimate triumph, and following his hit VH1 reality series, the celebrated sensei is back with his latest living-large exploits and a new and improved playbook for the twenty-first-century playboy.

As the book begins, Mystery and his crew have withdrawn to their swank Miami mansion to plot their next move. When a new student comes to stay at the house, Mystery draws him deep into the pickup-artist lifestyle and shows him an intimate portrait of the master of seduction. Mystery lays out a complete system of game, and unveils his latest (and fully field-tested) strategies and techniques. The Pickup Artist includes

• a list of all the triggers that create—and destroy—attraction
• a new way to approach strangers and start a conversation: microcalibrated openers
• Mystery’s most powerful humor technique, the Absurd—so you’ll never run out of things to say again
• a full chapter on physical escalation (touching, kissing, “making a move”)
• the solution to inner-game issues, for when you’re not confident enough
• and much, much more

Whether he’s holding court with eager disciples in South Beach, hanging out with his crew of fellow super-seducers in Las Vegas, or partying it up in the Hollywood Hills, Mystery is never far from where the action is—and never fails to get a piece of it. Now it’s your turn. Read The Pickup Artist and get into the game."

http://www.amazon.com/Pickup-Artist-New ... 0345518195

My website: www.pualife.webs.com

New TWITTER account: http://twitter.com/xfman1

Facebook: xf_pua@hotmail.com

Last edited by xfman on Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:18 pm 

I have to admit I have my reservation about it as well. When I first started in the community I was a Mystery nut and loved pretty much all his stuff. I first read Venutian Artist Handbook and then Mystery Method: How to Get Beautiful Women into Bed, along with The Game of course. Then of course later watching many of his videos: Formula Workshop, and Mind of Mystery. Not to mention reading Revelation as well when it came out.

I was hesitant about Revelation when it came out a year ago I think it was. Now Revelation was mostly written by Lovedrop and it had some good concepts and ideas. They were smart in that book not to go back through the M3 model, it was more of a way of being, and the mental frames to use.

I wouldn't be suprised if this book was more of a combination of the two. I know they have been doing a lot at their spot in Miami and there has been some whispering of stuff that happened there. All I can say is based on what you posted it doesn't sound that interesting. For $14.95 how much new wonderful powerful secrets are they really going to give us?

I hope they prove me wrong on this one...

Post subject: hm
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:27 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

i am interested to find out more about that book as well. when i started gaming a few years ago i also started following Mystery's teachings. he spent a lot of time studying and really making the community what it is by his teaching i feel, but i have left that style and turned more into a natural and learning various techniques from Gambler and Adam Lyons and combining them both as i learn more and more. if some body reads it i would love to know if it was worth it or not, wanna see if this is Mysterys come back

mR.e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:49 am 
New to MPUA Forum

anyone read it? is it any good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:07 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I have my reservation about it as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:25 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Looks like he wants more money for old rope :x

Don't get me wrong, I loved the original M3 Mystery Method Model for its ingenuity.

But the truth is, even "structured game" has come a long long way since the days of The Game by Neil Struass (wel all know THAT book is 5 years old now and that the events that took place were 6-7 years ago?).

Mystery keeps touting himself as "The Best Pick Up Artist" but the truth is he hasn't done much for the community lately, except a dreadful TV Series that didn't do his method any good (I mean come on by the final episodes the contestents didn't even know how to apply False Time Constraints) he's released 2 more books and this is the third!
Also I see he's still riding off the back of Style (again whose done nothing for the UK) except release the Game.

But after the dreadful Revelations I think Mystery would be better off calling it a day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:43 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I got a chance to leaf through it at the bookstore. (it was out on the mainstream rack at borders btw so already that should raise eyebrows) Im glad i read this post and I agree it looks like crap. Really wordy and rehashed material.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:29 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I got a chance to leaf through it at the bookstore. (it was out on the mainstream rack at borders btw so already that should raise eyebrows) Im glad i read this post and I agree it looks like crap. Really wordy and rehashed material.
I bought it and read it.

After finishing it, the only thing I can think of was... damn man.

Its like he only wrote the book to write a book. There is NOTHING new. Its like a mini mix of The Game and Mystery Method. He talks abit about whats going on in his life and then the rest is a dialogue with a student. All in all nothing new. The only thing worth it was the chapter on picking up strippers.

Mack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm halfway through the book, and it seems its just a bunch of filler. He uses the same bits of information multiple times, which is insulting to the reader. Honestly, a large portion of the book is descriptions of their expensive property, and how good they are at what they do.

There is an attempt to mix bits of info with a story, but it falls flat. I had respect for mystery, after watching some videos on youtube; he seems knowledgeable on the scientific aspects of attraction and he seems down to earth. After reading through most of this book...

I have no respect for people who approach someones date, or girlfriend and tries to pick them up, especially right in front of the guy. Doing things like this shows a lack of respect for people in general. He brags about doing things like this in multiple chapters of the book. Did i say that he repeats himself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:43 pm 
Dedicated Member

i bought the book after finally finding it in london and to be honest yes i was disappointed i was expecting some new ideas in pickup but its mostly biographical, it was just like reading strauss' the game. its basically the story of a student's progression through the world of pickup and throughout there are mini tips and pointers (sound familiar??) i agree that the best bit is about picking up strippers but to be honest its not stuff that i havent read on this and other pua forums INCLUDING THE VENUSIAN ARTS FORUM!
To be honest i own alot of pickup and pickup related books,
strauss, ross jeffries, gambler, robert greene, romy miller, and so on..
i recommend mystery method over this one! or rules of the game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:55 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

If you ask me, there's enough knowledge out there right now to make it so that you can start accumulating any kind of information new books might contain yourself.

Don't just accept material you've learned, integrate it into your thought process so that with it's aid, you can come up with your own insights and just learn from yourself. I'm not saying stop listening to other PUA's completely, but there is no more need to getting entirely new books, write your own (for public or personal use).

-Zero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:01 pm 
Dedicated Member

i just wish it had things in it that were more usable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:42 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Extreme disappointment is what I got from it and I haven't read any of his other material. I finished this since I bought it and had it shipped over here so it'd be dumb not to, but the style is terrible and there really wasn't much in the way of describing how the fictional "student" in the book did with any of the material. "Adam" existed purely as a evidence-free reinforcement of all that Mystery was talking about and a lame interviewer rather than someone trying to learn pickup. "I've heard about this, what do you think about it?" is a common refrain. A one line question will prompt a page and a half of blather. It turned me off of Mystery Method more than anything since it broke one of his own rules: no bragging.

Like Belenos said above, the chapter for picking up strippers is all I'll take from it. He never even talks about anything beyond kiss closing. No guidelines for LMR and the like. Imagine if poor "Adam" had been a virgin. He wouldn't have had any idea of what to do if his target wanted to leave the club and go somewhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:29 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I liked it, I read it just after reading the Mystery Method: How to get Beautiful Girls into Bed and before Revelations and it did give me a little bit extra info. and more clarity, that being said if you're already into this and read more than Mystery Method, then yeah, very little to extrapolate from this other than the picking up strippers part. Though it did give me the "Incredible Connection" Routine, though it is Ross Jeffries to be fair, I use that quite well despite how cheesy it is, I can't do the levitation bit, but I end on a laugh anyway.

If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got.

Live for the Moment, Never see a Chance you didn't take!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:45 am 
New to MPUA Forum

The original Mystery Method was the best book he wrote.I don't care for the game too much because it didn't go into how to really implement the method.The Venusian arts handbook is is good it's self.I agree it was like it was repackaged.