London Sarge School review

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:13 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I did their Basic SS this weekend. Was £100 for two days:

DAY ONE (Friday evening): 3 hours seminar in a pub they'd got a relationship with, then 3 hours in-field at a club in Piccadilly.
DAY TWO: 2.5 hours day game in field around London Bridge, 3 hours seminar in the same pub [which I missed due to a birthday BBQ], 3 hours in-field at bar/club in Old Street.

PROS:
- Great value. £100 for 15 hours.
- Pub used for seminars was very pleasant. Much better than a hotel seminar room
- Very friendly and personable instructors
- We were assigned an instructor as our designated wing for each in-field and got 1-on-1 feedback all night
- Instructors also opened sets, brought us in as wings, then rolled off to observe and correct
- Instructors demonstrated on sets to prove their bona fides. This included the daygame instructor showing us the technique and then going over to a target and number closing her in 3 minutes using exactly that technique
- They kept pushing us to open
- Felt like a community give-back rather than a business
- All instructors were good for giving direct feedback and answering questions
- Some excellent take-aways on inner game, daygame, body language
- Instructors really showed how to lord a club and raise the excitement. Good to see the skills leap off the page as a live demonstration
- After the BC finished at midnight, they stayed on and did an after party

CONS
- A bit disorganised at times
- There were a few times on the second day where my assigned wing went AWOL. Not badly, but not as good as first day
- Alot of the first day seminar material was things you can find in books

Really, I'm struggling to find anything negative to say about the Sarge School. It was an excellent experience and I've really taken good things away from it. I closed four HB8s/HB9s during the infields and opened about thirty sets over the two days. As a noob, that's a high number for me and it was great to be constantly egged on by the instructors, to have them DHVing me in set etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:05 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I agree with your anlaysis a lot. They seem to do it more for giving something back to the community rather than as a business.

Also adding the Daygame to the Basic BC is a new development as I did feel that as a big negative when I first signed up. Nothing much new in the materials as noted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:05 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Spot on, I love the fact they are actually mates, you can tell they hang out when not teaching which I think is pretty cool.
I did the advanced one and can tell you tis well worth doing, that course took it to a different level for me looking deeper into masculinity and other elements of the game ... and douche game :D