Poll ended at Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:11 am
Great, has a lot of potential  25%  [ 1 ]
Kind of cheesy, but might work  25%  [ 1 ]
Kind of cheesy, but might work  25%  [ 1 ]
not very likely to help much  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:11 am 
New to MPUA Forum

After being laid off I decided to spend some of my time working on iPhone programs. I was very ecstatic when "Pickup Passport" was approved late last week. The premise was to help single guys pick up foreign girls in their city, or while traveling. We worked with 16 international native speaker to pick culturally relevant pickup lines, and record them for us.  We all had a blast making the program. Obviously this isn't any more than a good potential icebreaker/intro, but I'm hoping it could get you some good results.  So far all the feedback seems really positive; but I’m looking for additional feedback on how to make it more useful, information on what you have to say about it.

To check out the limited free version try searching on the app store/iTunes for "Pickup Passport Lite" and if you think it has potential and you want to try the full version with all 16 languages and 8-13 pickup-lines per language, that's great. If you don't like it what can I do to improve the program? What else would you like to see?

Cheers and good luck in your hunt,

Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:32 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

DUDE! Thats awesome ha ha! Make sure to add mysteries openers in there!

Giovanni

Post subject: Another new one out...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:27 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I am always searching App Shopper to see if PUA stuff shows up and last week one did. It's called "PUAssistant". I found it on App Shopper but it's in iTunes obviously as well.

This one is not one of these "joke pickup lines" things but actually seems to be using PUA names and ideas. It allows on the fly content adds and ratings etc too and has some sort of achievements idea that seems like XBox live or something. I have had it for about a week and so far it seems like new people are adding all the time and adding stuff. Something to check out at least if you have an iPhone...

Anyone else with iPhone get apps like this or any good ones to try? I'm always looking for the best one in this area since I'm rarely at home and have to use my phone for almost everything. I tried PocketPUA before and it seemed to be just static content.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:54 am 
New to MPUA Forum

If you have a Google G1 Android phone, there is an app called Little Black Book. It allows you to have privacy from unwanted phone calls. Basically, if you're on a date and you don't want all the other contacts in your LBB group to bother you, you can send them all to voicemail with one click. Saves alot of time.

Cheers,

C69