Weekend bootcamp with Daniel Becerra and Nick Krygier

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:32 am 

I just finished an intensive workshop/bootcamp that lasted three days - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - with Daniel Becerra and Nick Krygier. Check out youtube.com/ModernManLifestyle for info on Daniel. I liked his t-shirts. They were cool.

For this particular event in the Bay Area (near San Francisco), the cost was $50 (wow) and all the profits went to an organization that helps feed hungry families during the holiday season. Check out caringconnectionsonline.com for more info.

They were really chill guys. At one point, while I was just talking to Nick, he started laughing, but he wasn't laughing at me. "What's so funny?" I asked him. He told me that he laughs when he notices his ego starting to creep up and take control of him. He thinks it's funny. A good PUA understands that the ego is something that hinders your growth, so I was impressed by Nick's reaction to his own ego.

They talked about a lot of things, but it all boiled down to building an attractive lifestyle, essentially becoming a "natural." That was my take on it, at least. They even talked about working out and proper diet to get your health together, and it all related to creating that attractive lifestyle for yourself. We had lessons, fun drills, and practice in-field (day game) at a mall in San Francisco. By the way, we ran into Jeffy (Jlaix) there, who was running an RSD bootcamp. He remembered me from when we met in New Orleans. It was great. He probably hates me because I'm such a fanboy, though. :P

These guys weren't so much about Night Game, though, and I am. Compared to their style, I was way too high energy. Hell, I had to readjust my entire sleeping schedule to make it to the workshop at 11 AM. I'm usually a night owl. The times when I noticed this, though, were the times I learned the most. During the drills, I talked too much, as if I were in a loud night club or something, but the "day game in the park" scenario called for a much calmer energy, which opened my eyes to the calibration I had to tune into.

We actually disagreed on some things, but ultimately we were able break through the whole "master/student" frame to learn from each other. Daniel emphasized that the "guru" label shouldn't exist because that frame actually gets in the way of the learning process for the people that actually want to learn from them. The fact that a few of our opinions differed, however, did not make me see these guys as any less credible as pickup instructors.

All in all, it was a great time to hang out and learn from these guys. They absolutely had their heads in the right place, they were able to answer everyone's questions well (including mine), they told us what we could have done better in our sarges in-field (including me), and they were very open and friendly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:06 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

AOL: amindnich252
Cool stuff Chief, thanks for the field report. I went to that link- it did not work. How do we find similar workshops on the east coast? NY area... I like how the guys, although mPua's, were so concerned about modesty. I just got off the David Deangelo board, and I like this style a lot better here...He has some good points about C and F but I think the styles used here, basically Mystery Method, just articulate it better. Nice rerport and I'd be interested if you have any ideas on where to do soemthing in the NY Area like that.

"I'm like a dog chasing a car; if I ever caught it I don't think I'd know what to do with it" - Heath Ledger as The Joker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:29 am 

Quote:
Cool stuff Chief, thanks for the field report. I went to that link- it did not work. How do we find similar workshops on the east coast? NY area... I like how the guys, although mPua's, were so concerned about modesty. I just got off the David Deangelo board, and I like this style a lot better here...He has some good points about C and F but I think the styles used here, basically Mystery Method, just articulate it better. Nice rerport and I'd be interested if you have any ideas on where to do soemthing in the NY Area like that.
NY Area? Zip's there. Talk to her. She actually does her own workshops.

She's a moderator on this forum in case you didn't know that. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:12 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: three60flipnick
Thanks for the kind words chief, fun times this weekend. I'm Nick btw lol, jack although a seemingly real name is not the real thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:59 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

AOL: amindnich252
Thanks Chief. I sent a PM. I hope it gets there, I'm not sure if I did it right.

"I'm like a dog chasing a car; if I ever caught it I don't think I'd know what to do with it" - Heath Ledger as The Joker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:24 am 
New to MPUA Forum

A what is up this mission are their any more 50 dollar workshops in the bay.