My Top Ten Books

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Post subject: My Top Ten Books
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:12 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey Guys,

FrankBlack here, below is a list of the most interesting and influential (not game) books I have read over the last 5 years. These books come recommended by friends, family members, therapists and coaches that I have had the pleasure of working with.

1. Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

The book promotes financial independence through investing, real estate, owning businesses, and increasing one’s financial intelligence

2. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

A motivational self-help and personal development book inspired by Andrew Carnegie which explains the philosophy used by successful people to become wealthy

3. Four Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss

The 4-Hour Workweek is a self-help book which uses the Definition, Elimination, Automation and Liberation principles to free you from paper shuffling in work and in life

4. Four Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss

The Four Hour Body follows in a similar vein to the Four Hour Work Week and documents Ferris’s three years of interviewing experts ranging from doctors to athletes and black market drug salesmen to achieve the ultimate workout

5. Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman

Daniel Golemans’ book on Emotional Intelligence introduces the idea that star communicators have the ability to identify emotions, assess emotional situations and control the emotions of themselves and groups to achieve positive outcomes

6. Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy

This motivational book provides the motivation and reasoning for the procrastinating reader to do what needs to be done NOW!

7. Getting Things Done by David Allen

The Getting Things Done book shares the idea that you need to move tasks out of your mind by writing them down, so your mind is free from remembering the tasks that need to be done, freeing you up to actually get things done

8. Six Thinking Hats by Edward de Bono

The Six Thinking Hats method is a tool for more effective group discussion, parallel and individual thinking

9. Frogs into Princes by Richard Bandler

The book is a transcript from a three day training delivered by Richard Bandler and John Grinder in the 1970’s. Providing useful insights into many NLP techniques

10. The 80/20 Principle by Vilfredo Pareto

This time management book’s main emphasis is on effectiveness, by applying the Pareto principle or 80-20 rule to focus on only those tasks that provide the highest benefit

PM me any new books you think I should be reading, maybe we can put together a book list for the forum

Peace, FB

Post subject: Re: My Top Ten Books
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:41 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Any magazines?