Models is Overrated

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Post subject: Models is Overrated
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:44 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I want to critique Mark Manson's Models.
I bought this book on the back of the hype about how it blew all other pick up advice out of the water.
On the contrary, I think this is a book for a different kind of mentality.

Manson spends much of the book criticising other PUA advice as beneath his, because it is 'performing'. However, I this is an incorrect and naïve contention. It is all about your goals.

Models will work for you if you want to find a relationship. Advice from guys like RSD or Roosh will get you laid.

I personally entered into this stuff to get laid more. Therefore, at least from an intermediate point of view, something like Roosh's Bang is a lot more helpful.

Manson will find you someone to connect with, Roosh or RSD will find you someone to connect your dick with.

This response is mainly because I don't think Manson's criticism of the rest of the pick up community is fair or necessary.

- Dave Matthews Band, Dream Girl

Post subject: Re: Models is Overrated
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:48 am 
The Grand Puba

I disagree with this assessment. Models will help you make a connection, if that's what you're going for. It will also help you get laid, if that's what you're going for. Roosh is just weird and will cause you to lose more girls than you should. RSD is just all over the map and distorts the psychology that they steal their ideas from.

I do think Models is above most guys heads because most guys are looking for step by step instructions to get laid and they definitely won't get that. The guys that you mention do give instructions and most of the guys that follow them get to the point of saying that the PUA community is shit and either quit or naturally come to the conclusion that Models has laid out.

Post subject: Re: Models is Overrated
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

At least personally for me, the biggest improvement came from having openers, and the confidence to open girls. I think you got where I may have found flaw with it DA - that I felt a lot of it was 'fluff' and common sense. For me, it was a less practical guide than Bang was.

Again it's all subjective based on the effect it has for different people. I just disagree with Manson's dismissal of other material.

- Dave Matthews Band, Dream Girl