The seducers diary

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Post subject: The seducers diary
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:15 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Anyone like philosophy ?

I read through the seducers diary by soren Kierkegaard, he had a lot of ideas about what women want, what's the right way to behave and all that stuff. Maybe you could say that his character Johannes is like the worlds most sophisticated pua. Everything he thinks and does is justified by like 3 paragraphs of explanation about the nature of pleasure. I read it a while ago and it's pretty dense but the basic idea is he is stalking this girl named Cordelia. His goal is to totally own her and he times the perfect sitauation to go after her. He walks around her and finally gives her one piercing glamce. That gets her attention to him but he leaves her be for a couple days, then waits until a rainy day and helps her avoid a puddle, chivalry. Waits for her footman to fall behind her.

He finds another guy who is obsessed with her and takes him to her. Hooks him up essentially, but then leaves them together and chats up her mother. She slowly feels a real connection with her and he all of a sudden out of the blue asks her to marry him. Of course, he's not actually going there. She asks her mother what she should do and of course she says, of course.

He writes her letters, they become increasingly short, frequent, and erratic. He pretends hes losing himself. She follows suit and he uses this combination of social pressure and

Post subject: Son
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:21 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Johannes, he's got a plan for everything. When she finally totally falls for him he winds up leaving, god knows where, I maybe hated him for that. He's not an admirable guy but he thought of a lot of the stuff that we take for granted in the 1840s.

From kierkegaard, I partially learned how to convince almost any girl that closed relationships are not the right way to go. Im a pretty philosophical person and a lot of his ideas I agree with. He despised marriage and he had a kind of weird view on commitment. People should be rotated, the old relationships maintained and the new ones added in to the whole. Almost all of his ideas including on religion and morality got related back to erotic love. Just in general, an awesome guy before it was cool.

Let's see, one of his ideas was that all people are boring, either to others or to themselves.

Post subject: Re: The seducers diary
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:16 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I have just started reading it. I'm intrigued so far.

Post subject: Re: The seducers diary
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:55 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I've seen passages from this book in "The Art of Seduction".

Kierkegaard is an interesting fellow. He wrote books that completely contradicted himself on purpose. I also remember reading Kierkegaard in a Philosophy of Love and Sex course and I think he was promoting monogamy.

I'm pretty sure "The Seducer's Diary" is part of a bigger book called "Either/Or" but I could be wrong about that.