Working out at home, Creatine and Protein

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:52 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Hey guys

I'm currently in a bad financial state so i cant afford a gym membership but i have 1 dumbbell and a barbell set. I was wondering if you guys could suggest me some exercises that i could do at home for upper body fitness.

And also..

What is the difference between Protein and Creatine and which do you find most affective ?
I am skinny and would like to put on weight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:48 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm currently in a bad financial state so i cant afford a gym membership but i have 1 dumbbell and a barbell set. I was wondering if you guys could suggest me some exercises that i could do at home for upper body fitness.

BARBELL EXERCISES:

Chest
Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Decline Bench Press

Back
Deadlifts
Bent Over Rows

Biceps
Barbell Curls
Reverse Barbell Curls
21's

Triceps
Barbell Skullcrushers
Close Grip Bench Press

Shoulders
Upright Rows
Shrugs
Military Press
Seated Shoulder Press

Legs
Squat
Front Squat
Hack Squat
Lunges
Calf Raises

DUMBBELL EXERCISES

Chest
DB Bench Press
Incline DB Bench Press
Decline DB Bench Press
DB Flys
Incline DB Flys
Decline DB Flys
DB Pullovers

Back
Bent Over DB Rows
DB Pullovers

Biceps
Concentration Curls
Hammer Curls
Incline Hammer Curls
Preacher Curls (on incline bench)

Triceps
Skullcrushers
Close Grip Bench Press
Kickbacks
Overhead Extensions

Shoulders
Shrugs
Lateral Raises
Front Raises
DB Shoulder Press
Reverse Flys
DB Upright Rows

Legs
Lunges
Calf Raises

Quote:
What is the difference between Protein and Creatine and which do you find most affective ?
I am skinny and would like to put on weight.
Most importantly you are going to need to key in on your diet and learn to eat massive amounts of food since you sounds like a typical ectomorph. I'd recommend consuming around 4000cals/day from clean sources (meats, shakes, veggies, etc). I used to be a mod on a major bodybuilding website and a common misconception with ecto's was that they should be eating 6000cals/day from wendy's and other shit food; don't do this. Instead learn easy ways to make 800cal shakes from whole foods instead of processed weight gainer powders (mostly sugar). Below is everything you need to know about protein and creatine supplementation. For the record, I don't use creatine and haven't in years as I was never a fan. But for many they find it to be a great addition, especially in the beginning. How it helps:

PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTATION

There are 2 main types of protein powders used for supplementation for the growth of new muscle, Whey and Casein.

Whey Protein
Whey protein is far superior to all other forms of protein. It provides the body with the perfect amino acid profile for muscle building, strength and recovery. Bodybuilders and professional athletes all know the importance of using whey protein supplements to help increase size, strength and speed up recovery times.

Whey is also fast ingesting, meaning it gets to where it's needed. Whey protein supplements play a huge roll in post-workout nutrition, when your body is in a catabolic state and needs a fast injection of protein.

On top of the muscle building and recovery benefits, whey protein also works as an antioxidant to boost the body's immune system. Scientific studies have shown that regular supplementation with whey protein promotes a strong immune system.

Effects whey protein has on performance:
-Increased lean muscle mass
-Decreased recovery times and faster muscle repair
-Reduced post-workout muscle breakdown
-Increase metabolic rate

CASEIN

Casein protein is a slow-digesting protein because it forms a “gel” in the gut, which results in a steady release of amino acids into the blood stream over time. Research shows that when you consume casein, you will reach a peak in blood amino acids and protein synthesis up to seven hours. Whey protein, in comparison, reaches a peak in blood amino acids and protein synthesis in about 40 minutes and the total release ends in about an hour.

Since casein protein slowly enters the blood stream, it has very little impact on protein synthesis. It has a powerful effect, however, in suppressing protein breakdown. In other words, it’s an awesome muscle-sparing protein. This makes it ideal for times of the day where you do not need protein immediately, like before bed or mid afternoon/morning. casein would not be suitable for a post-workout drink.

Muscle growth is dependent on the balance of protein synthesis and protein breakdown. To tip the balance in your favor, you want to increase protein synthesis and decrease protein breakdown. You can achieve this by supplementing with whey protein (fast absorption/promotes protein synthesis) and casein protein (slow absorption/suppresses protein breakdown).

To effectively take advantage of whey and casein proteins, you need to use them at the right times of the day. Casein protein is the only protein you should be taking before going to sleep. The reason is because your body needs to be sustained for six to eight hours during your sleep without food. You don’t want your hard-earned muscle being broken down in your sleep, so a protein that is slowly released over time is best. If you took whey protein before going to bed, it would do very little since whey is absorbed and used within an hour.

FUNCTION OF CREATINE:

Creatine involves two primary functions. When in taken, there is a notable increase in the size of the muscle cell. It acts as a source of adenosine triphosphate which is an immediate source of energy and this leads to growth of muscles.

Creatine Monohydrate:
It is considered the most common among all other creatines. When a creatine molecule is mixed with water, it becomes creatine monohydrate. The composition of creatine monohydrate is almost always 88% creatine with 12% of water. In other words, 880 mg of creatine is present in every gram of creatine monohydrate.

However, creatine monohydrate has its own disadvantages.
-It is found to be not so effective when studied on the molecular level.
-There is no penetration into the muscle cell.
-Sinceit is hydrophilic, there is no penetration in the lipid layers.
-It is dependant on other nutrients for energy transportation.
-There is no efficient transportation through lipid since its semilipopholic
-And creatine bloating is one of its major side effects.
[/u]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:26 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

wow usefull post man thanks a lot