diet recipes

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

Post subject: diet recipes
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:09 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Here are a few recipes I've made that have simple ingredients.

These are part of my low fat, low carb, high protein diet.

Cheap and Easy Spicy Shrimp and Rice:

.25 cup barbecue sauce
12 Shrimp
.5 cup green, red, and yellow peppers
.5 cup yellow onion
1 cup white rice cooked
Mrs Dash hot and spicy
red hot sauce
dash of olive oil

place olive oil in skillet, add cooked rice, onions, peppers and shrimp, stir until steaming. Add barbecue sauce, mrs dash, and red hot sauce to mix. Stir until liquids are about boiled off.

nutrition stuff:
cals fat (g) carbs (g) protein (g)
474 6.0 83.7 20.3

This makes a very spicy dish similar to jambalaya.

=-=-=-=-=-=-

Shrimp Lambrusco With Whole Wheat Rotini

12 frozen shrimp
3/4 cup Whole Wheat Rotini (after cooking)
.5 cup diced yellow onions
.5 cup diced green red and yellow bell peppers mixed
.25 cup grated Parmesan cheese
.25 cup lambrusco (red cooking wine)
1 cup olive oil
Mrs. Dash tomato basil garlic
Mrs. Dash regular
Mrs. Dash hot and spicy

I buy bags of frozen shrimp at Krogers, so first, take a dozen of these nicely de-veined and de-tailed shrimp and boil them in a pot while at the same time begin boiling your Rotini. . . . oh yeah and toss a dash of salt and a little spattering of olive oil in with your Rotini just to keep it from sticking.

Once the shrimp are properly cooked, add .25 cup of olive oil to a hot skillet (medium hot) and toss in the peppers, onions and shrimp. Fry until they begin to caramelize. Once this is done, add a dash of garlic powder, a bit of Mrs. Dash Hot and Spicy, and a bit of Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic to the mix. (Yes Mrs. Dash is cheating, but it's a good kind of cheating trust me).

Add your lambrusco and stir and let simmer. At this point your Rotini should be done, so go ahead and strain that and set it aside.

Now, we make the sauce for the Rotini. Take a small cooking pot (very small like big enough for maybe 24 oz of soup) and pour the rest of the olive oil in, heat this up on LOW. Now we add spices. First add one small coating of Ms Dash Regular so it covers the top of the olive oil, do the same with the spicy, but add 2 layers of the tomato basil garlic to it. Once its warm, your done, don't let it boil or you'll make your herbs taste like cardboard. Do stir occasionally. . .

Strain your lambrusco from the shrimp mix.

Serve with shrimp mix on one side of the plate, and rotini on the other. Pour a light layer of the olive oil sauce on the Rotini. Add a bit of Parmesan and you're ready to chow down.

total nutrional value:

cals fat (g) carbs (g) prot (g)
433 12.9 48.2 30.7

=-=-=-=--=

Healthy Ranch Chicken Wrap:

1.5 cup diced boneless skinless chicken breast preboiled
.25 cup diced white onion
.25 cup diced green/red bell pepper
3 tbsp ranch dressing
1.5 cup lettuce
.5 cup shredded cheddar cheese
.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
8" wheat tortilla

This is a very good meal if you want a high protein diet, its extremely filling and well balanced.

Directions:

Take 8" tortilla and lay flat on a dinner plate, sprinkle water over the tortilla very lightly, then heat in microwave for 20 seconds on high. Let this sit and soak in moisture to soften tortilla.

Pour olive oil into medium frying pan on with stove on medium high setting. Add green peppers and onion, stir until they begin to steam and soften, then add chicken, stir the mixture as chicken browns on some sides being careful to prevent any items from sticking, fast stirring is necessary if the pan gets too hot.

Pour the heated contents on the tortilla. Add Cheese, lettuce and ranch dressing. Eat like a soft taco or wrap like a burrito.

nutrition info:

Cals Fat(g) Carbs(g) Prot(g)
872 41.1 37.7 85.9

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Tasty Italian Chicken Pasta Madness

1.5 cup diced boneless skinless chicken breast preboiled
.5 cup parmesan cheese grated
1.5 cup already cooked whole wheat spaghetti
.25 cup italian dressing

preparation:
Place in tupperwear container and pack in lunch box. :-)

This is a work meal I bring with me in my cooler.
Just nuke on high for 2-5 mins and stir occasionally.
Very tasty.

I like to add some Mrs Dash Hot and Spicy and a bit of Mrs Dash Italian to it for a bit of kick.

nutrition info:

Cals Fat(g) Carbs(g) Prot(g)
977 39.3 63.6 92.9

=-=-=-

so there you have it some small calorie and high calorie meals that are all high protein, and good for you.

I hope this helps you all!