Yoga

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

Post subject: Yoga
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:03 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Is there anyone out there who practices Yoga ?

I've been kinda curious about it for a while now; and it seems like a good way to meet women too....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:46 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I practice it on and off, mainly for fitness and stretching. Not so much for picking up women, but I suppose it's the same as a gym and has the same potential.
The problem is that yoga is usually a silent process and pretty meditative so if you try and game during a session, you'll probably end up with some glares from those around you.
Perhaps save the gaming for before the session or after. You never know, a hottie might be in a pretty good mood after stretching...plus we all know the benefits of stretching ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:31 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Hehe, That was my thoughts.
And I was thinking that Yoga might be still pretty female-dominated, so getting new acquaintances etc. should not be too hard, and since they probably are in a pretty good mood after a session, that should not present itself as a problem. :)

But first of, I was thinking about the benefits of the workout itself.
The part with flexibility training is clear, but I was considering suiting myself up with an almost pure body-weight work-out, and doesn't Yoga combine well with this ?

I do work some with weights, but I was thinking that going over to body-weight exercises will lead to a more balanced workout, since that, unlike most stuff at a gym, also automatically builds the stabilizing muscle groups in tact with the main groups I'm targeting with the exercise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:14 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Yoga is an excellent complement even if you don't workout. I'm like you, I follow a pretty solid workout three times a week and I usually do yoga on Sundays (simply because it's easiest).
The nice thing about yoga is that once you know the routine you can do it from home or on the beach or something.
Not only does it have the flexibility thing that you mention but it also has toning.
Now toning isn't as giry as it sounds or anything, toning is great for adding a little more definition to your body and is great if your really interested in weight lose. And who isn't when you're trying to sculpt the perfect body, right?

Another thing you could try is Tai Chi, I'm very interested in trying this and plan to join a group once I head back to university. Tai Chi not only has health benefits for your whole body, but it's also very similar to yoga in that it's a light workout and focuses on balance, endurance and flexibility.

Hey and it's also a great conversation starter AND you could invite some girls to join you to a class :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:16 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Hehe. or teach them a few positions at home. ;)
or, as you said; at the beach during summer.

Hmm.. I'm going into this whole state of brainstorming opportunities with this. Like teaching a woman how to relax, listen to the waves, and get a nice workout at the same time.
It could even be a nice day 2 activity.

Could probably be used as an opener as well.
"Is it true girls are more flexible than guys in general ?"
or just doing the exercises, and see if that doesn't in itself attract some pleasant company.

But great, that's it, then. I'm signing up tomorrow.

I'll look into Tai Chi as well... and probably try to learn a little, at least.
(If there's something out there, I want to know it, at least the basics. I'm curious by nature, hehe)

Thanks for the help, dude. ;)
Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:03 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Pleasure mate, keep it real and good luck! :)