How I lost 55 pounds

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

Post subject: How I lost 55 pounds
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:52 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

AOL: SincereleePUA
Like Sean, I am not selling anything. But, if one of you starts a diet fad with this idea, I will expect 60% of all money brought in...not of profits, but of income, including money you get for public speaking.

In January 2007, I weighed 300. I am 6' 2" and had a 50" waist...I was just 14" shy of being as big around as I am tall!

How did I get like this? For many years, I was married to a woman who destroyed my self-esteem in order to control me. That destruction caused me to not care that I was getting big.

After our split, I realized part of my inner self recovery would be to get rid of the fat. Psychologically, it represented the negative input my ex had on me.

I hadn't worked hard on exercising since I quit martial arts training in 2001. I was not up for it. So I chose another path.

I chose to limit my consumption.

When I sit to eat, I load my plate with whatever my eyes tell me I want. I grab a second empty plate. Half of all I grabbed on the first plate goes on the second. I then syran wrap it and put it in the fridge.

I eat my half plateful. Usually, by the time I finish, my hunger is sated. If I am still hungry, I go get the other plate and eat it. Rarely does that happen. I just can't be bothered with it. I also switched from pastries and candy for dessert and snacks, to fruits and nuts.

Initially, I lost 2 pounds per week. When I got down to 280, it slowed to 1.5 pounds per week. By 265, it went to a pound per week.

I researched why this was happening. It is because your body needs fewer calories to move your daily actions as you get lighter.

I got down to 240ish when I started eating Halloween candy. I stopped when I found myself stacking candybars in succession. But, Thanksgiving and Christmas put pounds back on.

I weighed myself at the gym...I joined mid-December...yesterday. 245.

I also did some research along the way. I found for my level of activity, I should eat 10 times my body weight in calories daily to maintain my weight.

I decided that instead of 10 times my weight, I would do 10 times my desired weight...185...1850 calories.

This meant I had to switch to diet soft drinks...guys, I tried drinking water...I just can't do it for any lengths of time...a day or two at most.

I eat a small breakfast of 200 calories, a 150 calorie snack to tie over until lunch. 500 calorie lunch. 150 calorie snack just before quitting time at work. 150 calorie supper (usually sushi or chicken and rice) which leaves room for a satisfying full calorie 12 oz Mountain Dew whenever I feel the need for it.

I had to quit McD's chicken sandwiches, Starbucks, and BK. I still get them once in a while, because since I do not restrict myself from them totally, I don't feel guilty about indulging. Instead, I just know I am pushing my arrival date at 185 further back.

Now that I am working out, And my first goal is to build my endurance, I could up my calorie intake, but as long as I am happy with what I eat, I have no need for it, yet.

-Take two plates to the table (or ask the waitress to bring a take home container when you get your food)
-Put half the food on your plate in the other container
-Eat what you want, but when you feel full, stop eating.
-Slow the pace of your consumption. (I did this by learning how to eat with chopsticks. Since chopsticks cannot hols as much food as a fork, it forces you to eat slower.)
-Don't beat yourself up about eating more. Just realize it puts your arrival date farther back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:54 pm 
Master PUA

that's awesome, bro.

and a ton of willpower. more than me. :)

do you get hungry after dinner? i still do, and that's why i love the 4-hour window to eat until full at dinner. when i get hungry again, i just grab some almonds, or a tiny piece of dark chocolate, and i'm happy... and that old urge to raid the fridge goes away.

Sean Messenger
http://LVo3.com

"War is not the answer. Love is."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:29 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Some times I do get hunger pangs when I eat supper early. I grab some grapes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:43 am 
New to MPUA Forum

wow 55 pounds thats amazing

what kind of exercises did you do? like specifically to lose weight or did you just do muscle building work outs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:52 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

For the last year, I have been a lazy f. The only exercise I have been doing is arm curls lifting my cigar.

Just stopped eating as much and it took over.

Now that I got some of the weight off, I joined a gym and go for my Fitness Analysis on Monday to determine what exercises will do what I want to achieve. The guy wrote in..."4:30 Sincerelee F. A."

I asked if that stood for Fat Ass.

"Not after we get through with you."

I have a 40" waist. I won't be happy until I get it to 38",