The bodyweight workout.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

Post subject: The bodyweight workout.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:55 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey guys am I alone on this one? Does anyone anymore just do body weight workouts? I.e: Different types of pushups, pullups, squats, abs no iron involved. I find these as the best workouts you can do, not only do you build you body in proportion, but you get a different kind of strength then with Iron. Often times I find guys who can squat a ton, bench a ton but when they go to do a pullup they hardly can do ONE!(while I pump out 40+easy) it amazes me. The second draw back is that Iron pumpers become very tense/wood like.
I am in amazing shape so ill share my workout.

Alternating runs, 1 day I run 4 miles/ the next day I run 2 miles and run up 23 flights of stairs(3 sets)

250+ pushups(3 sets, I usally do 110, 120, ~40 last set)
50 pullups(different variations everyday ie. wide grip, normal, closegrip) 2 sets of 25.
300 different ab movements( hardest one I find are when you hang from the pullup bar and rotate your legs 360 in a cloakwise motion alternating sides after 1 rotation.

Then I go to wrestling practice for 2 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:34 am 
New to MPUA Forum

holy crap your fuckin stronggg

i would die doing 110 push up sets. i do around 30 norm sets, max would prob be around 50ish and lately ive been doing pull/chin ups alot having just bought a bar but wow 40 really? do you go down all the way with good form and no swinging because i thought i did good pull ups until i learned correct form and my reps went from like 20 a set to 8-10 and i am not that big but def not some some small little kid. around 155 5'10 7% bodyfat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:45 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Using body weight instead of iron is great in many ways. It gives you more speed and endurance while also increasing strength, especially good for sports and boxing etc. Reason why I and probaly many others prefer iron is simply more pump, more size and body weight gets boring afer a while. However bodyweight is much more safer and scuplts your body to be attractive to the other sex.

Good work with the pull ups and push ups. For legs you can try leaning your back againest a wall and pretending your sitting on a invisible chair. Most army and SAS fellahs are massive and rely solely on bodyweight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:02 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

you should rock climb. it is all about strength:weight ratio, and relies on bodyweight and functional strength. go to your local climbing gym and check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:37 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
For legs you can try leaning your back againest a wall and pretending your sitting on a invisible chair
Ugh, i hate this one! Thoug i found out it's better if you do it with partner, leaning against each other's backs. You can also do most body weight exercises with them, there are some great variations. I train regularly with my two wingmen this way, and it's effective and fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:46 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
For legs you can try leaning your back againest a wall and pretending your sitting on a invisible chair
Ugh, i hate this one! Thoug i found out it's better if you do it with partner, leaning against each other's backs. You can also do most body weight exercises with them, there are some great variations. I train regularly with my two wingmen this way, and it's effective and fun.
Hey that is a great idea, taxed! :D talk about friendly competition. Would really push you to the limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:05 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Interesting. I have recently started down the gym and enjoy it. However i don't get a huge amount of time to go so this maybe something to try at home.

As for the different kind of strength have you ever noticed someone who works a physically demanding job, but has never been to the gym and is strong as. They seem to gain this natural type of strength which you can't achieve in a gym and is more benificial in life. You need to always put alot of thought into your workouts.

Illpusher - You should add one legged squats to your routine. I can squat 80kgs yet i struggle like crazy when I do a one legged squat. Try it out and enjoy :mrgreen: