Best weight loss programme

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:52 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Ok so before i get started on the weight loss itself i'd just like to tell you a bit about myself so hopefully you'll appreciate i have a decent understanding of dieting.
So i'm a medical student and get to see a lot of obesity clinics and work closely with the health care professionals trained specifically in helping people lose weight. My mother is also a personal trainer and my cousin is a nutritionist so i've had some input from them before writing this too.
Personally i'm (now) pretty physically fit - thanks to diet and exercise programmes like this - but more to the point the HBs love it - a HB8 threw a glass of water over me "accidentally" a week or so ago when we were at hers just so i would take off my shirt and get my 6-pack out! Not to mention the number of compliments you get from say dancing with a HB when they feel that you're toned!

Anyway this particular diet is great for dropping a few pounds - and the best thing about it is (providing you can stick to it) the more weight you have to lose the faster it comes off.

So basically its a low-carb diet - similar to Atkins/South Beach but with far fewer health risks. Your cholesterol will actually fall from being on this diet.

Mornings: -
First thing you should do when you wake up is to drink 2 large glasses of water - also take any vitamin supplements that you wish to here too.

Breakfast - as it is a low carb diet the best things to eat in the morning are: -
Bacon (4 rashers) & Eggs (2)
Sausage & Eggs (2)
Smoked salmon & cream cheese
Eggs and spinach/asparagus
Kippers
Vegetable omelette
Antipasti - ham/salami/cheese/olives
Grilled tomatoes

Just make sure you're not having cereal/toast/porridge etc as these will slow your weight loss right down.

Lunch - you can get most of this stuff from restaurants/cafés etc as i'm guessing most of the community aren't at home all day.
Steak
Any kind of soup
Smoked salmon
Roast beef/pork/lamb/chicken
Hams
Any fish
Omelette
Shepherd's Pie - with cauliflower & cheese substituted in for the potato topping
Fishcakes
Paté
Scrambled eggs
Antipasti - cold meats/artichokes/avocardo
Curry/Thai Curry
Ribs
Satay
Kebabs
Chilli

Have any of this with a side salad (making sure the dressing isn't full of sugar) or beef up a salad with strips of chicken breast/fish to make it a full lunch.

Dinner - any of the ideas for lunch are also fine for dinner but as i'm assuming you will be at home you can personalise them with your preferred herbs and spices and have a slightly bigger portion too. If anyone would like actual recipes for meals i'll be more than happy to post them on this thread (may just take a bit of time!).

Snacks - yes you can snack on this diet! as long as you have the following -
Nuts/Seeds
Cheese
Berries
Melon
Suger-free jelly & wjipped cream
Pork scratchings

Exercise: -
To begin with all you need to do is 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day - this can be as simple as brisk walking - also don't think you have to do it all at once - 3x 10 minute sessions is just as good.
Easy ideas for getting exercise into your daily routine - park a little further away from work so you have to walk an extra 5/10 minutes to get in.
Take the stais instead of the elevator - not necessarily all the way - mayeb stop a floor or two below your floor and then walk the rest of the way.

You should start to be able to SEE the weight loss within two weeks if you follow this plan strictly - i know of people who have lost 10 stone in a year on this diet so it does work!!!

Hope it helps some of you guys #-close, k-close or even f-close.
Happy sarging.

Last edited by de_viant on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:48 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

This is a good regiment.
My brother is a tri-athlete, marathon runner type and he is in excellent condition. He said to stay in shape it is key to control your metabolism, and he does this by ELMO or eat less more often. it keeps ur metabolism rolling throughout the day burning calories, keeping the extra weight off.
As far as exercise goes, ive always believed that if your not sweatin ur not workin. So u need to at least break a sweat if you want to drop some pounds. Since this forum is about guys helping guys I would also suggest going out and getting the "perfect pushups" or just doing some regular push ups. I had skinny arms this summer and after i got those bad boys I toned up my whole upper body and built a pretty nice appearance when im naked. haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:05 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Things I would not consume in this diet:

-Bacon
-sausage
-creamcheese
-ham
-salami
-whipped cream

My best tip for weight loss. Only drink Water, tea or coffee(without milk)/suger).
From myself I know I can drink 10 to 12 cups of liquids a day easy!
Most juices/sodas or whatever sweet drinks you consume contain 150 cals in a cup of drink. 150 times 10 = 1500 of empty cals(a normal adult on average only needs 2000 cals) add the solid food that you eat..notgood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:24 am 
New to MPUA Forum

the op gives great advice. i'd just like to add, that you can be a little more sloppy with your diet, as long as you are exercising in massive amounts. some weekends i'll jog for 4 hours total, eat packages of ice cream and bacon, and still continue to lose weight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:41 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Obviously if your burn more calories than you take in you're going to lose weight - its just usually people wanting to lose weight are a little averse to excessive exercise - hence the plan above. But yeah for active guys you're right you can indulge after a good workout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:18 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

well it might seem "obvious", but i've noticed in the past when i start paying close attention to what i eat, i tend to go overboard. a snack here, a snack there is fine, just keep that metabolism up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:19 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

for those of you who want a great breakfast/meal. I would get a half cup of oats in the morning, throw it in with 2 scoops protein shake. (If your protein shake sucks PM me, Ill give you the link of one that taste like candy with 0 fats or carbs.) Add a teaspoon of flax seed or olive oil and your all set to go.

Having carbs is essential to cutting/ losing weight though and it's very important to keep healthy fats in.

Almonds
Flax Seed
Olive Oil

Keep all that nasty junky fat off, increase protein intake, and throw in a meal with about 50g of carbs 30-45 minutes before you workout and after you work out about 30-40g.

Before working out use complex carbs such as oats
After a workout, your body needs nutrients. try to find 2 lbs of dextrose or maltodextrin. 1/2 a protein shake scooper of dextrose with 50g of protein after a workout will not only help you shred up. It will help you keep your lean mass.

Theres a difference in losing weight (both fat and muscles)
and losing good weight (aimed at fat)

Try it. I weigh about 210 pounds at 6'0 and I couldnt be happier :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:19 am 
New to MPUA Forum

one bit of advice that made sense and changed my life a bit is cut soda out. You never think about it but instead of a can of soda, have a glass of water. It sounds simple, but instead of 10 cans (I guess 5x175 calories per day is almost ~1,000 calories.
I never really thought about it but I switched to drinking water all day like 10 years ago. I have 10 large cups a day easy. Sure I piss like a race horse but it cleanses your body consistently, makes you feel great and you dont have a crash after midday.
I honestly dont really think about it that much, but right now I'm working at a computer game studio (I usually work in film) and these dudes slam down soda all day long its crazy

I know everyone says it, but exercise is the key. After even a week of exercise you dont want to eat shitty foods. I'm fairly fit, I still eat and go out when I want to, but I try to keep my diet during the week pretty on point. Usually instead of a lunch break I'll hit the gym for 45 minutes, walk to and from work. It becomes pretty much a habit and you dont think about it.
I'm Australian and love to party, so I still drink like a mofo on weekends, but outside of that if you keep your week consistent it works out best. I read in mens health once one guy would work his ass off all week long, and have one day of eating shitty food a week. So thats always a good plan if people ever have that problem, plan to go all out once a week on food ;) and keep your game tight at the gym during the week.