Rebuilding body after illness

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:17 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Ahoy folks I was wondering if anyone knew any good ways to build muscle mass back, I didn't eat properly for a few weeks due to mumps. So have managed to loose almost all muscle mass I had (which was little to begin with). On the upside I pretty much have a blank canvas of a body no fat or muscle SPAM so anyways what foods should I be eating? and how should I be working out?
I know it's a long shot but I googled it and most of it (from the little I know about nutrition and exercise) seemed either unhealthy or like it straight wouldn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:42 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Eat lot of protein food (chicken, turkey, egs, milk....), try to have 5-6 meals a day, work out 1 muscle group per day and after every training drink post workout meal which is actually a shake of 3 dcl of water, aprox 40 grams of whey protein and double amount of glucose.

This is very short advise (don`t have much time to write) but these are the basics and you should have decent results with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:07 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:14 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Eat lot of protein food (chicken, turkey, egs, milk....), try to have 5-6 meals a day, work out 1 muscle group per day and after every training drink post workout meal which is actually a shake of 3 dcl of water, aprox 40 grams of whey protein and double amount of glucose.

This is very short advise (don`t have much time to write) but these are the basics and you should have decent results with this.
nailed it on the head..maybe get urself a personal trainer for 2 weeks to get yourself back on track..also they may give you a diet sheet! happy days !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

you need anerobic work outs, the most simple one wieght lifting i would suggest finding a wieght you can do 13 reps with, keep doing sets untill you can only do around 6 which should be about 3 sets - protien is very important, you can get protien suppliments to assure the process which ive never tried.. sound discusting. but anyway if you need to know what work outs for what areas of your body just ask :) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:14 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Yahoo Messenger: theO_bailey@yahoo.com
like everyone said diet is very important, more important than working out. Try to get in at least one gram of protein per pound that you weigh..for example, take in 200 grams of protein a day if you weigh 200 pounds, if you do this, you'll be massive in no time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:55 pm 
Quote:
like everyone said diet is very important, more important than working out. Try to get in at least one gram of protein per pound that you weigh..for example, take in 200 grams of protein a day if you weigh 200 pounds, if you do this, you'll be massive in no time
Rubbish if your eating protien you should be workng out otherwise ide stick to carbs. oh and what i dident say before you do need a balance of everything not just carbs. most protien full foods are also have some to alot of fat so not working out while your eating protien would be a mistake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Yahoo Messenger: theO_bailey@yahoo.com
never said not to workout, however, 80% of bodybuilding is diet, yea you obviously need to workout, workout a lot, but if you wanna grow you gotta eat alotta protein and yea you need carbs...complex carbs like SPAM, brown rice, potatoes, eat every two to three hours....and when you lift, lift heavy, use compound movements like bench press, military press, squats, etc.

im not saying you have to be a bodybuilder, but if you wanna grow fast thats what you gotta do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:30 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: supaflya3
Quote:
not to bash you here but taking in 1 gram of protein per lb will not make you gain much mass, if your looking for pure mass then I suggest taking in 1.5 g of whey per lb, and upping your intake to 2-2.5 g per lb. if your looking to gain and stay lean at the same time then stick with 1-1.5 g per lb.

also I suggest if you want to gain it back fairly quick, take some creatine, I use cell-tech theres better creatines out there/ but if your looking to stay cheap then use a mix of 50g whey protein and 50g dextrose which has been shown to elicit the same insulin spike as a serving of Cell-Tech, and it is much cheaper I might add. I just use the cell-tech because its alot more convient for me.