Mental nutrition.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

Post subject: Mental nutrition.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:12 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Does any of you have tips for mental nutrition of ANY kind? (I mean including using vitamins, specific plants or foods, also, including water, mineral water or, well, absolutelly anything really)

I have had brain fog for the past 2 days, I can't think, I can talk to people and so on, but school work is impossible, I have no focus at all and I forget things rapidly. This could also be my ADD, but let's just stick to the nutrition facts. Any books are welcome too. You don't have to stick to exactly nutrition if you know some SPECIAL ways of improving mind capabilities. (excluding meditation) Brainwave entrainment is welcome too, if you have had results with any of it.

A little about me:
I exercise (I also think this could be one of the causes, maybe overall exhaustion?) a lot and I do a lot of mental work. I do no fap aswell. I eat fine, I might be mildly dehydrated (drinking more water as of now).

What I know already:
Zinc and Magnesium are good. Drink water. Exercise. Meditate. Sleep well.

TL;DR:
I want mind power. I have brain fog - 2 days.
Nutrition or any other tips, please. -- Vitamins. Foods. Hydration.
No meditation unless it's something special.
Brainwave entrainment is cool too.
Books!

Post subject: Re: Mental nutrition.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:50 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I suggest taking multivitamins, 5htp for positive mood and concentration helped me with brain fog.little but of caffeine to create mental focus. You should try a focus excercise.
Try also blocking everything else in your environment and put all of your focus into what your doing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:54 am 
New to MPUA Forum

you do almost anything. try to take the water properly and try to focus more on meditation. i'm sure you will do it because to see your determination.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:12 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I'm currently thoroughly working on my nutrition, I know only vague information about it but it's only about eating the foods you know are healthy and avoiding the ones you think are bad. The exercise I like to use for this is that whenever I don't know if I should eat a food I search about it on Google.

I'm also using a biphasic sleeping pattern now which consists of 2 phases which are 1,5h nap and 4,5h plateau sleep. I use exercises like counting, relaxing muscles, meditating and imagining relaxing scenes to fall asleep faster.

I'm trying to figure out an exercise plan right now aswell, it seems really complex for me as I can't exercise hard at home, since I live in the second story. There really are no gyms near enough my place to go to and it's going to be winter soon so I suppose I will only barely be able to exercise unless I make drastic changes in my daily planning. If any of you have any tips about this, I welcome them here.

I started meditating after I read Eckhart Tolle's book called "A New Earth", it really helps you clear up on the subject. I think what I'm doing is called a "mindfulness" meditation, but I might be wrong. It helps alot. I actually experienced something different yesterday, while I was meditating, my internal voice had vanished already but then other voices came in, mostly from the videos I had watched that day, they didn't have any structure and they overlapped each other at some points, I also remember images popping up.

Drinking more water per day is easier if you have a bottle with you all the time. I have 2 bottles one is an 0.5l and the other one is 2l.

I'm also pushing myself to leave nothing unconscious. When I plan or write things I try to see them as clearly as possible before I put them on paper or even consider them as useful thoughts. You could see me going unconscious in my Self-Development post here: punch-s-self-development-stuff-vt170177.html If you were to comment on it, you'd probably say things like: "There's no structure to what I'm saying. It's random. There's a visible lack of integrity. The things written are purely caused by impulses and old thought patterns. There's no clarity. It's foggy."

-Punch.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:14 am 
New to MPUA Forum

try eating coconuts .. you can look on YouTube - coconuts have a special ingredient which feeds the brain and can even reverse dementia. Loads of videos and website about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:55 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey guys,Mentally health has own importance in our life so we should be take care of the mental health related issues.We should be eat fresh fruits and vegetables foods because these foods give us good vitamins and nutrition because nutrition is so good for mental health.We should do the regularly exercises works.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:55 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Hey guys,Mentally health has own importance in our life so we should be take care of the mental health related issues.We should be eat fresh fruits and vegetables foods because these foods give us good vitamins and nutrition because nutrition is so good for mental health.We should do the regularly exercises works.
Brienshamp gym

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:25 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Brienshamp gym
I won't trust a man with terrible grammar.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:30 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

its hard to tell what your brain fog is being caused by because your post leaves out some vital information, in particular the specifics.

you need to tell us your

sleep patterns
nutrition habits
stress if your under any, work, emotional etc
exercise habits

be specific

im not sure what a biphasic sleeping pattern is, or why your doing it, so explain that if you would. if its not necessary because of a job or something, just go back to a normal sleep pattern in my opinion. you don't/shudn;t need things to help you fall asleep faster unless you have sleeping problems in the first place

from what i understand, this 4.5 and 1.5 hour sleep bullshit is forcing your body into un-natural patterns you dont need to be doing. it seems like your trying to over regulate everything, your disturbing your bodies natural process to relax and rejuvenate itself.

keep hydrated obviously, how much water are you drinking though, from the tap? bottle? how healthy is this water. try finding a well/natural spring

you might be over exhausting yourself its hard to tell, but exercise helps regulate stress too.

meditation is and will help if done correctly, which it sounds like you are.

and youve mentioned about pushing yourself to leave nothing unconscious, like i said, it seems like your trying so hard your not giving yourself a moment to relax = your pooched out lol. if your into spirituality, it isn't an intellectual exercise, nor should it require you to force yourself to do something. give yourself time to unwind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:43 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

oh, i forgot this too, omega 3's are essential to brain health. get some of those, and make sure its natural omega 3's not manufactured bullshit from a lab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:32 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Oh, wow, thanks for the reply, darkeyes.

I don't have brain fog anymore now. I do have some other issues, but I don't feel like dealing with them right now, as I see most of them solving themselves in the near future.
I'll still add the information as you seem to know some stuff about it.

Sleep patterns. I don't really control how long I stay up some days and I always end up having awake nights and sleepy days, I'm sure I'll get this worked out in the next week or so. I'm planning on going to sleep before midnight, waking up at 7:00, then having a nap somewhere in the day (right after meditation, I will meditate mostly before my sleeping times).
Nutrition habits. It's almost impossible to eat healthy for me. The main things my home has are bread, potatoes, chicken, pasta and uh, yeah, that's mostly it. I also still don't know how to figure out my nutrition even though I have given a lot of thought to it. I mean, breakfast, lunch and dinner should be different and every day should be slightly different as well, so it seems kind of hard to implement anything here. I can't afford most healthy foods myself right now, but I plan to make enough in the next 2 months to get that area filled. (I live with my parents for now.)
Stress. I play poker and it does get stressful sometimes, I shouldn't be stressed, but I still feel this weird fight or flight thing whenever I make a move and my opponent just freezes, tournaments are the worst.
Exercise habits. I have been doing some exercise on and off, and also, going to try to keep a stable pattern of this in the next week or so. (I exercise 3 times a week, I don't really do cardio as it's winter and there're no gyms nearby. I lift light weights and do body-only stuff.)

I was doing the biphasic cycle some months ago, now I'm just trying what I described above.

I drink tap-water, whenever I'm thirsty from a bottle I have with me. I feel like getting anything better right now would be a huge waste of money.

And you're right about me pushing myself way too much, I just don't know what else to do. I feel like I'm afraid of being unproductive. I can really only stick to things that create something, I don't like games. Or well, it's possible that this used to be how I was, I'm not sure right now. I suppose if I let myself be lazier and stop stressing about things I'm not achieving right now I would benefit from it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

ya i got the same problem sometimes (awake nights, sleepy days, but a power nap usually clears that up which is fine as long a you dont over sleep, 20-30 min max powernap unless you want to screw your night pattern up)

as for meditation and sleeping. if you feel tired in your meditation, like even 5 or 10 min in, you should go down and sleep. this means your body needs the extra rest. then meditate for 5 mins when you wake up
if you dont feel tired or anything just do your regular meditation schedule. meditation should be and lead to an awake alert state, not sluggish and tired, like i said if you get tired, dont power through it then nap.

and you shouldnt go from meditating into a long 7 hour sleep either, it should lead into a power like i said if you got tired, or if your rested enough, you should be awake through the whole thing and crisp after.

eating healthy - man, you really need to add fruits and vegetables into your diet lol. if your diet at the moment is void of those, then your body is lacking in a lot of essential vitamins and minerals that it needs to function optimally. pasta and bread, any refined carbs, i would try to kick for good. they are just plain no good for you, theres a lot of science behind it, plus they are genetically modified. theres a book called wheat belly i hear everyone talk about, ive never read it because i just know the basic tenet of it, dont eat refined carbs, easy enough.

and you dont necessarily have to eat something different every day. ive eaten eggs (organic if i buy them when im in the area), organic SPAM (which is cheap as fuck i bought a bag that will last me a week or more for 3 bucks) and fruit (which isnt expensive either) everyday for breakfast, pretty much the same thing everyday for the past few months. sure its nice to change it up, but you dont HAVE to.

buying junk food is a lot more expensive than eating healthy. a fucking thing of fruit rollups is like 8 bucks and its bullshit food. fruits and vegetables arent expensive, and the some things that are more expensive, like broccoli or cauliflower, or dragonfruit (which i love), but them here and there, but looks for the deals. when the deals are on thats when you buy them. and contrary to what your probably thinking, a load of chicken is a lot more expensive than fruits or vegetables. 6 bannanas will run you like $1.50, thats nothing. sweet potatoes are cheaper than normal ones (where i live) and they are better for you too. buy fruits and vegetables man dont kid yourself that they are all to expensive because they aren't, some are more than others but still, and they taste so dahm good. and you mean to tell me your parents only feed you pasta bread chicken and potatoes? they dont eat fruits or vegetables either?

and check the reduced rack, theres always good shit on there thats super cheap, i always do and you always find something thats good, and eat it that day or the next or cook with it.

well for stress ill let you deal with that, or maybe try some EFT tapping or something, it works with everything, ive had results with it, it works pretty good sometimes. and it isnt all pseudo-science either its been researched now and actually does have an effect.

exercise is good, you dont necessarily need to do cardio, as long as you keep a pretty up beat pace when you lift weights, it will acheive the same results as a cardio session because your heart beat is up which = fat burning and cardio. which is perfect bcuz like you said its winter and running on the spot and jumping 10000 jumping jacks is borning as fuck lol (but it does work your calves decently).

tap waters fine unless its been flouridated and all that bullshit. bottle water is a waste of money unless the tap water is poison. like i said, find a well or a spring, do a little research on google theres lots of websites out there to help, i had found an all america one before and they are all over the place (just get the water tested first to be sure its safe).

omega 3's, get some, any health food store will have them, there are brown and golden ones, apparently the brown ones are better slightly for your health.

read the power of now or a new earth by eckhart tolle, those are good books

cheers buddy hope that helps

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:25 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Okay, given what you have told me so far, this is my schedule for things:
7:00 wake up
~~~ morning stuff, breakfast (SPAM and fruit) ~~~
9:30 meditation 30m
10:00 exercise 2h
12:00 shower duh
12:30 lunch
16:00 nap 30m
16:30 meditation 30m
22:00-24:00 sleep 9h-7h

The amount of fruits (especially) and vegetables, in my opinion is lacking. I've seen too many potatoes in my life, lol.
What do you think about 1-2 pieces 70% black chocolate for breakfast?

Well, I can't do much about it, but my water has small barely visible pieces of iron (I don't know if it's iron exactly) sometimes, if you fill a bottle and check the bottom.

And I have read those books, but I feel like re-reading would be fine.

You should really be getting paid for this, your advice is golden to me, dude. .-.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:06 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

You need to look into nootropics.
Here are some but you need to do your own research and find what works best for you: Picamilon, Gingko, Choline bitartrate, Phenylpiractetam is some solid stuff this will get you out of a fog. This is all kind of like caffeine without the crash at the end.

Additionally, don't rely on supplements to get you out of a fog. The "smart pill" in the movie limitless is what people normally seek but the only way too achieve that is by taking mass amounts of adderol or MDMA which will in turn have negative effects in the long run by damaging your dopeamine production and your neuron synapse firing because those drugs put holes in your brain.
Nootropics is a safe method.

Finally, if you combine nootropics with meditation, working out, and reading books that interest you, you should have no trouble getting out of that "foggy" state.

Hope all this helps. If you have any more questions I've been doing some research of my own if you're interested in some cooler stuff.
- Joe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:55 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

well i had just written it all out and pressed submit but it had signed me out in the time that i had written it which is a piss off, but here it is again lol, i hope i remembered what all i put

i forgot to mention, for the omega 3's, buy flax seeds, that piece of info was essential lol. brown ones are better than gold slightly apparently so get those, pretty cheap as well. grind the shit out of them in a coffee grinder or they will just be fiber and you wont get the nutrients. omega 3s are good for your health, specifically brain health.

get stuff from health food stores, which should be all organic, you dont want to eat GMO's

schedule looks good, always have at least 6 hrs between meditation periods which your doing. jwing, what kind of meditation do you do? theres lots of different types out there.

you have dinner too right? lol

maybe have an egg or 2 with breakfast, if you just have SPAM and fruit your blood sugar might spike. protein will balance things out

chocolate for breakfast aint bad, i do that sometimes, the cocoa stuff. its actually good for you compared to all the sugary stuff out there

go to google and type in ph food chart. you want to aim for about 75% alkaline foods and 25% acid foods. but if you work out and want to gain muscle you need to eat more protein than a person who doesnt work out. once u look at that chart youll see how a lot of ppl eat a lot of acidic foods. the chart is just something good to be aware of, im not strict about it myself though, but something to keep in mind. you just want to try and keep alkaline. reading 1 of the better looking ones there i see a few diffs between that and the 1 i got from the health food store, but its basically the same.

get some tea maybe too, white or green tea of tusli tea (also known as holy basil). teas are good for the health, white and green are good for shedding fat plus the health benefits. tulsi is an adaptogen which means it helps your body regulate stress you experience, inner and outer. while im on it, a good natural supplement as well is maca. its also an adaptogen and is good for energy, libido and mental clarity. a bottle here is 27 bucks for 180 caps. plus it contains all your amino acids = good for working out.

the water isnt a problem, but spring or well water is cleaner and better for u than tap, but its not a huge concern.

thanks for the complements, just glad to help, everything i know is through my own experience and talking to people.

i agree with activemystery, you dont want to rely on drug supplements to feel good, i wouldnt take any of those things unless the problem was severe, except ginko bcuz its natural. stick with natural and nothing manufactured. even then however read stuff (labels) bcuz i know certain herbs like st johns wort can interact with depression medication and can cause problems, so read stuff b4 you put anything in your body. herbs are fine though. most health problems can helped and corrected by a change in your nutrition, and dropping and replacing bad habits with good ones.

and for the record those drugs dont put holes in your brain lol. mdma acts on your neurotransmitter system, and with repeated use and abuse can and will cause problems, but it doesnt put holes in your brain lol. i loved neuroscience when i took it in school, super interesting.

"Finally, if you combine nootropics with meditation, working out, and reading books that interest you, you should have no trouble getting out of that "foggy" state."

totally, plus good nutrition, i love the feeling after working out of clearness and clarity. you feel refreshed

anyways, i think thats pretty comprehensive now. any questions shoot away or pm