4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss for rapid fat loss

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:06 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

I've been on the 4 Hour Body diet by Tim Ferriss for the past few months and I have lost 24lbs. For those of you looking to burn fat I suggest trying out this diet. Many people also report having much more energy and overall better mood which is sure to improve your game :)

Basically it consists of eating only these 3 things:

Meat
Veggies (Preferably mostly green)
Beans

No Dairy, Fruit, Bread, Rice, Sugar, Wheat

There is no calorie counting so eat until you feel satisfied no need to starve yourself. You get one cheat day a week where you can eat whatever you want as much as you want and you'll still continue to burn fat. He also has some good workout plans in there as well.

Tim Ferriss has been a 'guinea pig' and has tried all sorts of things for many years. He really seems to know his stuff. I would recommend checking this out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:01 am 
Dedicated Member

I've heard a lot from that book and other of Tim Ferriss' work. Sounds like a good resource. Definitely on my reading list.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:07 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I've heard about this book, but I saw bad reviews on it on Amazon. Is it really that good? Also, I heard there is a section for people who are trying to gain weight as well, is that accurate?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:06 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

4 hour body works!

I dropped 17 pounds in a month when I did it. Followed it EXACTLY.

Enjoy the cheat days!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:21 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
I've been on the 4 Hour Body diet by Tim Ferriss for the past few months and I have lost 24lbs. For those of you looking to burn fat I suggest trying out this diet. Many people also report having much more energy and overall better mood which is sure to improve your game :)

Basically it consists of eating only these 3 things:

Meat
Veggies (Preferably mostly green)
Beans

No Dairy, Fruit, Bread, Rice, Sugar, Wheat

There is no calorie counting so eat until you feel satisfied no need to starve yourself. You get one cheat day a week where you can eat whatever you want as much as you want and you'll still continue to burn fat. He also has some good workout plans in there as well.

Tim Ferriss has been a 'guinea pig' and has tried all sorts of things for many years. He really seems to know his stuff. I would recommend checking this out.

Yep, that's my diet and it works. Not sure if Tim mentions the importance of a lot of good fats such as ghee, coconut oil, nuts, coconut milk, red palm oil, and olive oil. I eat a ton of fat.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Hey guys,

Do canned or tinned veggies & beans work with this?

Presumably no booze allowed, apart from on the "cheat" day?

Thanks fellas!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:09 pm 
English Muffin

You're allowed about 2 glasses of red wine alcohol wise per day but no more

You can go crazy on on the glorious cheat day though.

My meals were pretty much:

Meat
Chicken breast/Minced beef/scrambled egg

Veg
Brochilli/peas

I lost about 14lbs in 1-2 months so it does kinda work but my energy was super low all the time.

Lentils/pinto beans are the most disgusting things I ever tasted. I kinda skipped on the beans and just filled up on the green veg

I kinda fell off it though and have been eating more junk than I did before the diet, FAIL.
It's hard core and would recommend it if you're very over weight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:47 am 
Ask a mod for a custom title

What this guy is saying is nothing new. Fats and proteins for most meals, and carbs intermittently. Veggies (green ones) you can load up on. Best follow this and its free:

http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/c ... on-counter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:49 am 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
You're allowed about 2 glasses of red wine alcohol wise per day but no more

You can go crazy on on the glorious cheat day though.

My meals were pretty much:

Meat
Chicken breast/Minced beef/scrambled egg

Veg
Brochilli/peas

I lost about 14lbs in 1-2 months so it does kinda work but my energy was super low all the time.

Lentils/pinto beans are the most disgusting things I ever tasted. I kinda skipped on the beans and just filled up on the green veg

I kinda fell off it though and have been eating more junk than I did before the diet, FAIL.
It's hard core and would recommend it if you're very over weight
That's why most those diets don't work, they aren't sustainable. Go paleo, or become a vegan but good luck on putting on mass.

You can stay very lean with the diet posted above, it's not even really a diet as its sustainable. Keep carbs to just the amount where you don't feel ill/lethargic, you'll only know what those numbers are roughly by experimenting.